Chapter 12

12 | The aftermath

The reason Harry has been avoiding you was pretty obvious, although every time you try to explain to him what happened, he walks away before you can say anything. He doesn't want to hear anything from you due to his broken heart. It's absolutely devastating that Harry won't talk to you, you're quite heart broken as well and all thanks to Malfoy. You are extremely upset with Draco. You can't believe he would do something like that to you. You decide it's time to confront him. You walk around the school looking for him between classes and eventually you find him talking to his friends so you just cut to the chase. You walk up to him and grab his wrist, pulling him into the nearest closet. You shut the door and turn on the light.

"Talk." You say, waiting for an explanation. He looks confused for a moment before he opens his mouth to speak.

"...hello..?"

"Draco!" You shout, you were in no mood to play any games. "Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about."

"I don't." He shrugs and starts to get an attitude. "And you shouldn't drag people places."

"Well this one is well deserved." You glare at him waiting for him to talk but he doesn't so you bring it up. "... the love potion?!"

His eyes widen instantly as he reaches for the doorknob and as he tries to turn it you speak up.

"It's locked." You say, unamused.

"Fine." He gives in. "I did it, is that what you wanted to hear?" At this point you're very upset.

"No Draco. I wanted an explanation." You say in an aggravated tone.

"I don't have one!" He shouts.

"How could you not?!" You yell back.
"So you did this just to mess with me?!Just to upset me?! Just to- "

"I'm still in love with you, y/n." He interrupts you and you go silent. You didn't expect him to say that. You're so overwhelmed by the situation, and all the yelling that your face is practically red from all the anger and confusion. You don't know what to feel, but you do know what's right.

"That doesn't make it okay, Draco." You say before unlocking the door, walking out, and slamming it behind you. Everyone stares at you as you hurriedly walk to your dormitory and while that was happening, Draco had been sitting in the closet against the door for a while until he finally left and went to his dormitory. You didn't leave the room until the next day.

You walk out of the dormitory after getting ready for class and awkwardly enough, you and Harry meet eyes in the common room.

"Harry!" You start approaching him but when you get close he starts walking faster. "Harry wait, you don't understand."

"I understand quite enough, y/n" he speaks coldy before turning the corner. Ron walks behind him and glares at you as he walks away. You really wish you could explain, but Harry just won't give you the time of day.

"Y/n." Ginny speaks, catching up to you. "Hey." She says as she starts walking with you.

"You aren't mad at me?" You ask curiously and she looks at you confused. "Huh?"

"Ron hasn't told you?"

"I guess not." She shrugs. You don't really feel like telling her why he's upset. You don't want to lose another friend. "Anyways," she continues. "Wanna come to my next Quittage game?"

You think for a moment, debating it. You knew Harry was going to be there but you want to be there for Ginny.
"Sure." You say.

"Great." She smiles before walking away. Then another person comes walking up to you in the hall. It's Pansy Parkinson.