Chapter 8

8| Detension

It is now time for your detention so you head to the potions classroom and enter. When you walk through the door you see Draco and Harry, both are at tables that are next to each other so you take a seat next to Draco at his table while glancing at Harry. Then the professor walks in. He walks over to the front of the classroom as papers magically float to our desks.

"This will be your assignment for the afternoon.." Snape mutters as you pick up your quills and get to work. Then you look over to Harry as he does his work.

"Harry." You whisper to him. He looks up a bit confused until he realizes you called his name. He looks at you questioningly as you feel Draco's hand start to hold yours. Harry glances at your hand and his facial expression goes cold as he looks away. He looks a little hurt so you glance at Draco with a bit of a bitter expression. He smirks at you and you snatch your hand away as you continue your work.

"Harry, do you know the answer to the second question?" You try whispering to him again. He looks over to you.

"Why don't you ask your boyfriend." He says bitterly while looking back at his paper.

"Harry-" you start but Snape shoves both of your heads down a little and you both go back to doing your work. You guess on the second question and move on. You knew many of them though, the studying had been helping a bit, although your potions grade is still quite awful. Harry and Draco have been glancing at you all throughout detention while you worked and soon enough it was time for detention to come to an end. Snape leaves the classroom and dismisses you all. Harry exits the class first and when you go to leave Draco stops you by the door.

"Hey." He says with a cheeky grin. You return a small smile as he starts to lean in. You look into his eyes as you start to lean in as well. He starts to hold your waist as you both close your eyes but right before your lips touch you take a breath and lean back a little as Draco looks at you with a questioning look.

"I- I can't." You mutter.

"Why?" He says, concerned, as he lets go of your waist "I thought you liked me."

"I do like you, Draco, It's just-" you start but Harry walks in and looks at you both with an expression of hurt and awkwardness.

"I- I just forgot something." Harry says as he looks at the ground a retrieves a book from the table he was sitting at. While he leaves the room you and Harry lock eyes as he slowly exits. Then you look back at Draco.

"-I'm in love with someone else." You continue. He has an expression of hurt and a bit anger as he glances at you then back at the ground.

"Potter, isn't it?" He assumes while glaring at the doorway. You look at the ground for a moment then back at him. He glances at you while you nod a little as he clenches his teeth. You look at him with an apologetic expression on his face but he shakes his head a little and starts to storm out of the room. "Draco." You call out but he keeps walking and the sound of his footsteps fade away as a tear falls from your eye. You soon leave the room and you hear someone say your name.

"Y/N." Ginny calls out from behind you down the hallway. You continue to walk like you heard nothing and wipe the tears from your face. You hear Ginny start to catch up to you and she begins walking beside you but you don't look at her.

"Are you avoiding me?" She asks, concerned. You glance at her, knowing that you were actually avoiding her. The envy you had been feeling lately caused negative feelings toward Ginny. You felt bad because you knew it wasn't her fault but you just couldn't stop feeling a little envious.

"No."

"Then would you like to join me at quittage practice?" She starts. "I could use a friend to cheer me on."

You think about it and eventually you reluctantly agree, after all she's been your friend for years and you didn't want to end it over some spontaneous envy. "-Sure." You say and take a breath.

"Awesome!" She smiles at you and you give her small smile in return. "Let's go." Then she pulls your arm to the quittage field.

———————
Authors note: Sorry that this chapter so late! I was busy this weekend but I'll make sure to post the next chapter soon!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!🤍