Chapter 21

21 | deja vu

"you've got to get out of bed someday y/n." Hermione tells you.

"Not anytime soon." You reply, pulling the covers over your head. "Just give me like 5 years."

"actually we have a big potions test today, so.." Hermione starts, knowing how hard you had studied for it. Yesterday you were so ready for the exam but today things changed.

"i'm not ready." you groan.

"what do you mean you're not ready?" Hermione scolds. "you studied all week for this and you deserve a good grade."

"i also deserved a boyfriend but look where that went." you mutter with a devastated tone.

"Y/n! come on."

You pull the covers down and look at her in the eyes. "Fine." You grumble.
She gives you a satisfied grin as you step out of bed and lazily walk to the bathroom. You look into the mirror to see your tear stained face and emphasized eye bags as you wash up.
You brush your hair and get dressed and then walk back into the dormitory.

"Happy now?" You ask Hermione and she laughs.

"Yes."

You drag your feet as you walk with her out into the common room. Your eyes dart around the room looking for a specific person but you weren't happy with your sight.

"Oh- um." Hermione tries to create a conversation once she notices you looking in the direction of Harry, who had his hand entangled with Ginny's.

"I can't do this." You say as you turn around but Hermione stop you.

"Come on." She says as she pulls your wrist. "It'll be fine."

"It's already a disaster Mione, how am i supposed to get through the whole day?"

"Just don't pay any attention to them."
She shrugs.

"Sure i'll just not pay any attention to my best friend and boyfriend making out in the corner." You say in a mocking tone. Hermione rolls her eyes.

"Well i guess it's ex boyfriend now." You mutter. Yesterday was so painful for you and it feels like you are never going to recover from it but you're glad Hermione is here to help you through it.

"You may start your exams, and make sure to turn them into me at the end of class." Professor Snape instructs as you hold your quill. This test is easy, you know all the answers. So why aren't you writing them down? You thought to yourself as you had to keep refocusing. It was hard having to be in the same classroom as the people who had harshly hurt you just the day before and continues to do it with every interaction they have. Everytime their hands entangle or they look at each other longingly you can't help but almost tear up. Your gaze drifts to them constantly and by the time class was over you had only finished half of the test.

"I need more time on this professor." You told snape but he just shook his head.

"Every student gets the same amount of time." he glares. "deal with it."

"But i studied so hard sir plea-"

"Obviously not hard enough." he says before walking off.

"ughhh." you groan, holding your hand on your head.

"Oh- uh." Someone says from the doorway as they walk in. "Forgot something.." Harry mutters. He picks up his book from the desk before almost walking out when you stop him.

"...so you don't have anything to say to me?" you question him. you were frustrated my his complete uttered silence on the matter. "you cheated."

He stays silent for a moment before speaking up. "..yeah kind of gives you deja vu, huh?"

your eyes widen.