Chapter 16

16 | Confrontations

Both you and Draco's eyes widen after hearing that you're going to have to work on a love potion project together. Talk about coincidences. Out of all the potions on the planet, it had to be this one. Obviously this wasn't going to go over well.

"The ingredients you will be given are:
Ashwinder eggs, Rose thorns, Peppermint, Powdered Moonstone, Pearl dust, and...?" Snape says, looking at Draco to give him the last ingredient.

"..rose petals." He mutters, avoiding eye contact with everyone in the room, his face expresses guilt.

"Correct." The professor responds.
"You may now begin your projects."

Everyone in the class starts talking freely to each other but you and Draco just keep quiet. You think about saying something, after all it's the only way you'll get the work done.

"Alright so let's begin, shall we?" You speak up and Draco looks at you a little surprised.

"Uh, yeah sure." He says before placing all the ingredients in a line. The silence between you two is still quite awkward.
You decide to start conversation while you both prep the ingredients.

"So.. how was your day?"

"Can you stop acting like you care?" He grumbles and you feel upset over his response. After all, you were only trying to finish the project.

"Fine." You snarl, you figure you should just give him the same attitude back. "What ingredient do we use first?"

"This." He says coldly and holds it out to you. You take it and he has a rude expression on his face, as if it was obvious what the first ingredient was.

"Of course you would know." You mutter and put the ingredient in the cauldron. He seems phased by your response.

"I didn't make it, I bought it." He mutters back a little aggressively.

"Well if you didn't buy it, we wouldn't be in this mess." You snap. Both your tones get a little more aggressive as the argument goes on.

"We wouldn't be in this mess if you didn't lead me on." He snaps back while places another ingredient in the cauldron and you go silent. You do admit that it was wrong to lead him on, and you do feel a bit bad about it.

"Look, I'm sorry I did that, I was confused." You apologize to him. "But that doesn't give you the right to use a love potion on me."

"When you love someone, y/n..." he starts explaining coldly. "..you want to do whatever you can to get them back." He continues. "I guess I was a little confused too."

You go silent once again before speaking up. "Why don't we just drop it and focus on our project, okay?"
He looks at you for a moment before nodding and stirring the cauldron.

"Uh... is the potion supposed to be green?" You ask Draco as he's stirring.

"Uh no." He says and looks in the pot.
"We forgot to add the rose petals."

"Oh." You say while going around him to reach for the rose petals but you slip and fall on the ground. Draco looks back after hearing the thud and almost laughs.

"Shut up." You laugh before taking his hand to stand up. Then you grab the rose petals and put them in.  "Oh cool, it's turning pink now."

"Yep." He says with a bit of a smile. You and Draco both ace that project and your relationship is on better terms now. Although, your relationship with Harry at the moment, is a different story.

"Can I talk to you?" Someone says behind you while you're sitting at dinner with Neville. You turn around with a very surprised expression. You did not expect Harry to be there.