Chapter 27

27 | The heart wants what it wants

On the way out of the Slytherin common room you manage to stay quiet but you still end up running into Pansy, who was probably practically waiting for you to come out.

"what do you want?!" you snap in a whispered tone. you jumped at the sight of her.

"why are you so selfish?" she exclaims in a voice crack. It was dark so you could see her face but the tears were practically audible. "you just couldn't be content with Harry, you wanted Harry and Draco, what did i ever do to you??" she cries and you honestly don't know what to say. All you know is you have to get out of there as fasts as possible, so you left her without a word. You felt a small pit in your stomach when you leave her crying but the risk is just too high, Snape was looking for you and either way it was all her fault. Once you make it  out the you take deep breaths as the adrenaline flows.

"Are you okay? what happened??" Hermione says to you worriedly.

"Things." You smirk at what had just happened before you left in a hurry.

"Did you really?!" She gasped and you squint.

"Well not really." You say. "But almost."

Hermione rolls her eyes.

"What?" You ask, did another girl have a crush on the guy you liked?

"Oh come on, you know i don't like Draco." She glares. "And the fact that he's with my best friend i just.. you know."

"Right." You say bitterly. "You sure you don't like him?"

"What do you mean?"

You scoff. "God i'm such an idiot."

"What?" She asks again and you grit your teeth.

"You like Draco, don't you? That's why you're so upset that he and I almost got intimate. I can't believe you would do this, you're just like Ginny."

"Y/n." She stares at you with her eyebrows scrunched in anger and confusion.

"No, Hermione i get it."

"Stop, It's not like that."

"Right." You say sarcastically.

"Listen." She snaps. "I don't have a crush on Draco, I have a crush on you."

Your jaw drops and you walk away.

"y/n wait-" She says but you keep walking because you're utterly speechless. When did everything get so complicated.

"Y/n!" You hear your name again but this time it's not Hermione's voice, It's Harry's.

He's panting as he runs towards you.

"What's wrong?" You ask him.

"nothing i just-" he breathes. "-ran here from the common room- and i-" his breathing slows down. "Listen, I love you y/n. And I always have."

"What?" you ask confused. Were you dreaming? "Where is this coming from?!"

"I can't stop thinking about you. Every time i hold hands with Ginny or - or even kiss her, all i can think about is how much i'd rather it be you."  He stares you in the eyes widely and your heart beats fast. You're happy with Draco, aren't you? You thought but you couldn't figure out why you felt butterflies in your stomach.