Chapter 4

4| A party?

While chatting with your friends during dinner, Fred and George walk by.

"Looking to have some fun this weekend Y/N?" Fred asks you in an advertising tone.

"What?" You ask, confused.

"Party in the Gryffindor common room tomorrow night." George says to the table area.

"All houses welcome." Fred adds. Then they walk away to spread the word.

"A party?" Hermione says.

"Sounds like fun." Ron states.

"I agree." You add and look towards Harry for his reaction.

"Sounds brilliant." He says.

"Wonderful." You begin. "Then we'll all be there."

"Well, I won't." Hermione declares.

"What? Why?" You ask her with a disappointed face.

"I have studying to do." She shrugs and pulls out a book.

"Oh come on, Hermione" Ron starts.

"Please come Hermione." You plead. She looks up from her book and looks at you.

"Fine." She says.

"Awesome!" You exclaim. "Can't wait."
Then you skip off, into the hallway.
You enter the common room to find Ginny.

"Hey Y/N." Ginny says. "What's up?"

"The usual." You shrug with a smile while you look for a dress to wear to the party tomorrow.

"What are you doing?" She asks curiously.

"I'm trying to pick out a dress for the party tomorrow." You answer, but can't seem to find one.

"We could always go dress shopping." She suggests with a smile on her face.

"Thats be brilliant Ginny!" You reply. "You, me and Mione could go tomorrow after school."

"Perfect." Ginny says. "It'll give us just enough time to get ready for the party."

"See you then!" She exclaims while leaving the room as Hermione enters.

"See you where?" She questions.

"Me, you and Ginny are going dress shopping tomorrow." You say to her in a slightly demanding voice while getting ready for bed.

"Well alright." She shrugs. "Might as well." Then everyone settles in bed and you fall asleep.

The sun rises and your eyes open to the sound of Hermione talking. "Wake up Y/N" she says before pulling the blinds open. You hold your hand out to the sun, squinting your eyes.

"Geez Hermione." You say. You get out of bed and close the blinds. Hermione rolls her eyes playfully and you start get ready for school. "Thank goodness it's Friday." You mumble to yourself as you grab your books and walk out the door with Hermione.

"Here we go again." You mutter, referring to potions class.

"It'll be fine." Hermione says. "And besides, it's Friday."

"Right." You say with relief.

Then you walk into the classroom and Harry waves to you as you sit down next to him. "Hi." You say as you place your books on the table.

"Hey" he says with a smile. "Do you want to hang out with me after school?" You look at him.

"Can't." You say. "Going dress shopping with Ginny and Hermione for the party."

"Ah okay." He says and someone someone must have heard you chatting because you started to hear people behind you talking about it as well.

"-you going to the party Draco?" Blaise asks someone.

"A Gryffindor party?" Draco scoffs. "I wouldn't be caught dead."

"There's no harm in going." Blaise says to him.

"Are you implying that you'll be attending?" He asks him.

"Yep." He replies in a tone with no shame. Then you hear Pansy's voice join the bunch.

"Oh come on Draco," she starts. "It'll be fun." There's a moment of silence but he eventually agrees.

"Well, fine." He finally gives in, and you smile to yourself, hoping to spend time with him at the party. Then Snape walks in as usual, starts the lesson, and starts to talk about potions. Today you were learning about the Confusing Concoction potion.

"The ingredients in this potion are scurvy grass, lovage, and snee-" the professor says and you stop listening because you feel a piece of paper hit the back of your head. You look behind you to see everyone having no reaction what's so ever. You decide to just shrug it off but then it happens again and you check but all you see is Draco glancing at you. You glare at him suspiciously and he smirks. You turn back to face the front of the class.

"Your blushing." Harry teases.

"Shut up." You reply playfully as the class continues. The school day goes on and now it's finally time to hang out with Ginny and Hermione.