Chapter 5

5| What an eventful party

"Ginny!" You call out while rushing down the halls. You approach her and she greets you with a hug.

"Hey Y/N!" She says as Hermione approached you both. Then you all start walking out of Hogwarts and chat along the way to the nearest dress shop. You three enter the store and there's someone at the register but no one else is inside. You all enter and glance at the cashier as you start to look at the dresses.

"Oo Hermione, look at this one." Ginny called to her while you were looking.

"Ginny, that'd look gorgeous on you." She says as the door chimes, notifying that someone has entered the store. You looked towards the door to see Pansy walk in with a few other Slytherin girls. She looks towards you curiously as you look through the selection of dresses. You just shrug it off and continue going through them.

"That one would look nice on you." Pansy mutters to you and points out a beautiful dress hanging on the rack in front of you. You nod at her as she walks away. You pull the dress off the rack and head to the mirrors where you find Hermione looking at the reflection of her wearing an exquisite dress.

"Hermione!" You say she looks at you waiting for your reaction. "You look great." you say with a smile.

"Thanks." She smiles back. "Now go try on yours! I want to see how it looks."

You head into the dressing room with the dress Pansy had recommended and you put it on. Then you walk out of the small room and Hermione and Ginny both compliment you. You all got a nice casual dress for the party and you were all going to look amazing. After you pay for the dresses and walk out of the shop, you three head back to hogwarts and go into the girls dormitory. Then you change into your dresses and finish getting ready for the party. By the time you all finish, the party had started ten minutes before and you all enter the common room, which is full of people.
You wave to a few friends as you walk by them while looking through the crowd. After a few minutes you find Ron.

"Hey Ron!" You yell at him while the music is loud. 

"Oh hey Y/N!" He says, standing by the pumpkin juice table.

"Where's Harry?" You ask him and he shrugs. Then you decide to move to an area where the music is a little less loud. You see Neville jamming out in a corner and you wave to him as you walk by. Then you start to get a headache from the music so you step out of the common room. When you exit, you see Draco standing just outside in the dim area.

"Oh uh- hey." You say, taking him by surprise. "What are you doing out here?"

"I didn't feel like going inside." He shrugs.

"Well you're standing out here anyway." You start. "Come on." You say as you grab his hand and start walking in the direction of the entrance but he doesn't budge and you retreat back to him but you accidentally end up standing a lot closer to him. You can feel his heavy breathing as he looks at you and you slightly let go of his hand as you lose yourself in his eyes. Then in the moment, your lips collide as he grabs your waist. This is it. The moment you've longed for. You're finally getting a kiss from Draco. You move your hand to the back of his neck as you kiss him and it lasts a passionate 2 minutes until someone interrupts you.

"Hey Y/N, Ron told me you'd be out he- " Harry says but his words drift off as he sees you. You separate from the kiss and Draco let's go of you as you face Harry. Both of you have stunned facial expressions.

"Harry-" you say while he looks at you bitterly and walks back into the common room. Your heart instantly drops by the look he gave you and you run after him.

——————————
Authors note: Ooo drama! Tune in next chapter to see how it unfolds! ✨☕️