Chapter 16 || Beautiful

Follow me on Instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote!! ♥️

————

"Where the hell were you?! Wait, Anna already told me. But fucking hell girl, you gave me a heart attack when you left like that!" He hugs me harder.

"Let's just say I was swept off my feet. It was so hard to breathe when he took me away," I bat my lashes romantically at him and Adrian rolls his eyes at me.

"Oh all the aching it was," I drawl. Mr. Rodriguez narrows his eyes at Adrian like a protective parent. "And now he's my hooker." I think Mr. Rodriguez let out a wheeze while Adrian pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Does it make you good money?" He asks, looking at my bracelet. I stifle my laughter as I look over at Adrian.

"No, it's just what he pays me to get him hooked with girls. He's desperate like that," I grin while Adrian closes his eyes and mutters a few things under his breath.

"You're such a cute liar. Go wait in my house, I'll close up early and we can chat. Take your hooker with you," He squints at Adrian. "I remember you... you're Anna's friend."

"Yes, sir," Adrian replies. Hm, that's way too decent, even for him.

"What are you doing these days, boy? You seem to be making good money."

"Er... I catch bad guys."

"Nice. Is it a stable profession? Blake is into computer sciences right?"

"Yes, it's very stable, sir. And that's correct." Stable my ass, he gets shot at every time he's in a black car. He killed a man just this morning! Blake hacks into people's personal lives! Poor Mr. Rodriguez.

Anna gets to be the seductress and also the person who lays out the plans and does the math. She's smart like that.

"Well, don't make yourself too comfortable in my house just yet. I have a few questions. Bailey, Ella will have a cup of cocoa ready for you when you go inside."

I smirk at Adrian from the special treatment I'm getting which he isn't. That's what he gets for kidnapping me! I turn around and head across the street towards the house. My nails begin to dig into my palms as I pass by the place where my dad had beat me up.

Oh my god, he's in the same neighborhood! What was I thinking coming here? Oh my god, he's probably coming for my right now... I just got better, I don't know what I'll do if he hurts me again.

Adrian's hands intertwine with mine, and I look up at him. "You'll be okay," He smiles softly. "And if you don't feel okay, I'm always here."

My heart instantly melts at his words and I smile up at him. God, his lips so attractive in the evening sun. I'm craving them so badly... I just want all of him right now. Fuck, I'm too horny.

At least I'm not a guy, because it's so obvious when they're hard. Speaking of hard, is Adrian ever- I subtly glance down and then quickly snap my eyes up. He's not.

And I totally don't expect him to, because I'm not even that attractive.

Have you seen his ex? She's a fucking goddess. Apart from the fact that she acts like a she-demon. Everyone Adrian surrounds himself have such beautiful dark features and I've always felt slightly sad that I'm a fucking ghost compared to them.

Even Dylan has dark brown eyes and dirty blonde hair! My eyes aren't even an ocean blue! They're a depressing faded blue, and my light blonde hair- Ugh, why can't I be beautiful like everyone else?