Chapter 40 || Territory

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you voteeee! and comment too, i love reading those comments, they make my day a little bit better! and omg chapter 40! i've never gotten this far in a book! i'm so proud!♥️

————

Both Anna and Luna were flying all over the room, getting each other ready for the party in just a couple hours. I was sitting on the bed, finding the inner peace. "Bailey!" Anna yells, causing my inner peace to yeet itself out of my body.

"What do you want, woman?!" I scream.

"You're sitting here in a sweatshirt, and sweats! Get ready! We only have two hours left."

I never took Anna for a fashion lover, but then again, she wears lipstick and eyeliner all the time. Her style always screams 'all eyes on me, or I'll run you over with a truck'. I roll my eyes at her before standing up and grab the jumpsuit Adrian had bought me.

I disappear into the bathroom, and change out of my sweatshirts and sweatpants and into the silky material of the expensive ass jumpsuit. I glance at myself in the mirror.

Oh my god.

My hair looks like a bird's nest! Have I always been this skinny? And flat? Does this dress always work magic on whoever wears it, because I look like I belong on the runway. Then again, if I did show up on the runway, the others would be running away.

I'm such a poet. Where's my medal, bitches?! I shoot finger guns at myself in the mirror before leaving the bathroom. When I step into the bedroom, both Luna and Anna stop panicking and turn to me, gawking.

"Does it look good?" I ask, nervously.

"Does? It? Look? Good?" Luna squeals. "You look like a goddess! Apart from your hair that looks like a bird's nest, which we'll need to fix of course, you look amazing! I'm jealous. Do you see this bloating tummy? No one said being pregnant we mean I won't have a flat belly anymore."

"That's exactly what being pregnant means, Luna."

"Okay, Anna needs to get dressed now. Then me. After that, we'll do each others' make up, and everything will be okay again!"

"Your date is Adrian right?" Anna asks, as she begins to undress.

"I'm going with Kaden. But it's fine, I'll spend the rest of the party with Adrian."

Anna raises her eyebrows like she's surprised. "And Adrian's okay with this?"

"I told him Kaden's like a brother."

"Well, color me surprised," She mutters, as she slips into a dress as red as sin. It had a low neck, but flowed down past her ankles and onto the floor. It was off shoulder, which meant she got to expose her smooth, tan, shoulders.

Blake would be begging on his knees for her, tonight. So will most of the male population.

I turn to Luna, who's wearing a silver dress that flowed down just like Anna's. Her dress wasn't off shoulder, but it looked just as sexy. I felt like a saint in comparison to them.

I grab a brush off the dresser and begin to run it through my blonde hair aggressively. My mind begins to wander back to when my dad would pull my hair as he dragged me into the apartment. I brush my hair harder, gripping the brush with a death-hold.

Stop. Think of the good things. Think of Adrian. Think of his body against yours. Think of the gifts he got you. I slow down the speed at which I'm brushing my hair.