Chapter 28 || Spider

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote!!! ♥️

———— l

"Where's the fire?!" I shout as I sprint into Adrian's mansion at the blaring alarm. "Adrian, I told you to- Oh. There's no fire."

I realize that once I get to the kitchen. The dumbass is cooking. Looking at what he's cooking, I would believe that he supplies Santa with coal every Christmas to give to the bad kids.

Because that's what this looks like. "What the hell, dude?" Adrian just about looks like he was a kid caught stealing the last cookie in the cookie jar. "Were you supposed to be cooking coal or like...?"

"I was trying to make pancakes..." He mumbles. "But they always tell me it should be a golden brown, and then I get confused so I have to rewind the video and by the time I realize, the pancake will be burnt!"

"Aw, let me teach you."

"You can cook?" He looks up at me like I was a newfound treasure.

"Well, yeah. It's not like I had anyone to cook for me anyway," I shrug. "Move over, let me teach you." I push him out of my way, and start rummaging through the kitchen. "Aha! Flour. You got eggs? Found them! Baking soda, salt, sugar, milk, melted butter, great! You have them all. And this time, I actually didn't pick up cocaine by accident."

"Get me a glass bowl," I order him and he instantly gets me one, watching me intently. "Let's pour in flour. Crack them eggs. Usually, people prefer no egg shells in their pancakes, so let's make sure that there aren't any shells in there. Now, let's add the other ingredients, and mix. You got a whisk?" I ask him and like magic, he pulls one out and gives it to me.

"See, the mix is coming out perfectly. Now, let's make some pancakes."

I put on a french accent and look at Adrian. "Getz me ze clean frying pan! What iz zis? Are you making pancakez or coal? Take zis away from my zite! Bleck!"

"Of courze," Adrian plays along. He takes away the used pan and replaces it with a new one. "Teach me," He rumbles, his voice sexily low. For a split second, it sounded like he was telling me to teach him everything about me. Teach him about all the ways I want him. And oh, how I wanted him.

"Is lizen up, pezant!" I shout. "Pour ze batter over ze pan. Not too much, ye hear? And then wait for a zecond, before flipping le pancake. When ye done, zlide it onto ze plate."

Adrian's watching me, absorbing every detail and instruction. "Then continue ze process until ye have enough pancakez. Iz that clear? Now you try."

I step away from the stove, and let him take it. He steps in front of the stove, and then glances at me. "Juz do it!"

French Nike.

I turn away from him for a second, only to see a large spider on the floor. Oh. My. God. Don't panic. Don't panic. Just breathe. It's just a spider... That lays eggs and has about a thousand baby spiders in one egg and soon the entire house will be filled with spiders and they'll gang up on us and eat us.

"ADRIAN!" I scream, leaping onto him, causing him to stumble backward. "Sp-SPIDER!"

I don't know if I screamed louder or if he screamed louder, but both of us were screaming at the top of our lungs, running away from the spider. We ran out the door, and into the darkening summer outdoors.

"I almost died," Adrian wheezes, his voice slightly high pitched. I wrap my arms around him, and cling on. "Spiders will take over the world one day, mark my words."