Chapter 75 || Yours

make sure you vote!! ♥️ also, i love reading ur comments, so if you could comment, i'd love you but if not, then just read this chapter peacefully 😌

————

Adrian

Kaden looks at me expressionlessly. "Today must be my lucky day because another mafia boss also gave me his mafia." Wait what?

"Who was that?"

"You know Jared Madden?"

"The fucker hates you! He'd never give you power over his mafia unless you threatened him! That's a new low even for you and you also run a mafia of prostitutes!" I shout, giving him a nasty look.

"Why would you think I threatened him?" He asks, his voice not the slightest bit irritated.

"Because you hate each other! Madden would never give you power over his mafia! Even if he did, that would just be over his docks and shipments, but over his men? I'm not sure they would approve."

"Oh?"

That's when realization hits me. "Oh."

"I've always admired the way you use power, Adrian. How else could you have cut off all our shipments of weapons and directed them to yourself? Over the years, I've realized you're very impulsive and impatient. You get angry easily and don't think things through, so I thought. The easiest way to get to you, would be through Bailey. My plan was to make her fall for me. They say love is blind, but the only one blindfolded would be her. Then through her, I'd get access to you, and with your impulsive nature, it wouldn't be hard to get you to make irrational decisions. Like handing over access to all those shipments."

"The only difficult part was getting to you. You're nearly impossible to get to, and your second-in-commands? They're fucking hawks. Nothing slips past them and I was ready to stop. Then Bailey came, and she makes you make irrational and impulsive decisions. Look at you right now. 'You can have your mafia back'. What the fuck?"

"What do you mean 'what the fuck'? You heard me."

"Right, because a mafia is a piece of candy. It's composed of so many men, links and loyalty. You think Blake and Anna would turn their loyalty to me? Your men? Your links?"

"I want out."

I notice his fists clench, but then he looks up at the sky for a second before his fists unclench. Then he gives me that smile. The smile you see on sharks.

"Stolen mafias always return to their owner," He speaks, his voice like a snake charmer's instrument. "You're a thief, and now the guilt has finally caught up to you."

"I'm not giving it to you out of guilt," I snarl.

He laughs through a huff of breath. "You're right. You're giving me your trophy of revenge so I can keep it as a trophy of Adrian Black's submission."

"I'm not submissive!" I want to punch him so badly. What does this son of a bitch think he's saying?

"Surrendering to my power."

"Fucking hell, Kaden. I change my mind now. I'm not returning it to an ass like you!"

"There we fucking go," He wipes away his shark-like smile. "You dumbass."

I scoff. "You did that on purpose."

"Your ego is the easiest thing to puncture, especially since we're equals. Only I'm a month older and I'm wiser."

"You're not wiser."

"Did you really want to give me back the mafia? Why?"

"I don't know. Either I spend my life safely with Bailey, or run a mafia."