Chapter 23 || Get Out

Follow me on Instagram: @brookitoz

make sure ya vote, please! ♥️

————

Adrian-

I'm not even that hurt... physically.

A few stitches, mostly on the right side of my body. A few on my face. And one broken wrist. They're just making a big deal out of this. It doesn't even hurt! Maybe I owe it to the painkillers I've been on for the past 24 hours, but that doesn't matter.

"Mr. Romero..." A nurse walks into the room,

"It's Mr. Black," I interrupt.

"Right. Mr. Black, two people are here to see you. Blake Pierce and... Dylan Arrow. Should I send them in?"

"Yeah."

She scurries out of the room and in her place, two crackheads walk inside. "Shit, bro..." Blake's eyes rake over me. "You look like you were hit by a truck!"

"I was hit by a truck, Blake," I deadpan.

"And now you look like you've been hit by one." Maybe I should not have let him in. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm on painkillers, so I'm not feeling."

"But that's you on a daily basis," Dylan comments, tapping furiously onto his phone. "Shit, Luna isn't replying. I miss her."

"Nah, don't worry. Women tend to ghost you at random times," Blake assures him. "In all seriousness, Adrian, dude, you scared us. We were all worried sick."

"Especially Anna. She was so worried that she began to blame Bailey for the little boy's death and your- Ow! Blake!" He yelps as Blake elbows him harshly.

"What?" I growl harshly. "Anna what?"

"Nothing. Did I say something? I didn't say anything. It's probably the painkillers talking. You should sleep and we should draw moustaches on you while you're asleep," Dylan babbles. I cock an eyebrow at him, and give in an intense glare. "Stop looking at me like that!"

"You're going to tell me everything."

"I am so not going to tell you everything. You're the one sitting on a hospital bed, in yucky hospital clothes."

"So help me, Dylan, I will hurt you when I get off this wretched thing," I growl.

"Adrian, he said nothing. Don't worry about it," Blake reasons. Liars. They're both liars. Blake is an excellent liar, but Dylan can't lie for this life. "Bailey came back to see you yesterday, that's all. I honestly expected her to leave for good, because that's the most reasonable thing to do."

"She's back?" Why would she come back? I let her go. I fixed one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life by letting her go, and she came back.

"Well, yeah. She was pretty worried."

"She even blames herself- OW!" Dylan gets elbowed once again.

"No, Blake, let him finish."

"He wasn't saying anything. Right Dylan?"

"Nope. Nothing at all."

"Blake let him tell me, or I'll send those text messages to Anna's dad," I snarl.

"You wouldn't do that!" He gasps.

"I would and I will if Dylan won't tell me everything."

"You're supposed to be resting, not worrying about whatever went down last night."