Chapter 57 || The Grinch

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure u vote! ♥️

————

I kiss his face. I never told him I'd kiss him on the lips. Sucker. Although I really did want to kiss his stupid self on the lips. "That's not fair!" I place a finger on my lips and point to Luna, telling him to quiet down.

"All is fair in love and war. I told you Adrian. Prove your love for me. Fly me to a different country. Make me feel something I've never felt before and see something I've never seen before."

"I thought you were joking."

"If you're going to break up with me like that, then you're going to have to do something even bigger to get back together with me," I tell him simply. "I have faith in you though. I know you'll prove yourself sooner or later."

"Get out of there, I want to see the baby too!" Anna hisses from outside the door. I thought it was four people at a time? Oh well. I take one last look at the baby, who was placed in an incubator.

I do a cute little wave at the baby before exiting the room, allowing Anna and Blake to walk in. Her face was still bloody, but I think she's washed it off so it's only a little blood. I sit down on a chair while Adrian takes a seat next to me. "I have the perfect country we can visit," He informs me.

"Where's that?"

"It's a surprise."

"Oh wow, okay Adrian. I see how it is," I grumble saltily. "You know, it's Christmas tomorrow. I don't want to spend it together with you, because Dylan and Luna won't be able to spend it together and we'll be kind of rubbing it in their face, but I'll buy you a small gift."

I already knew what I had in mind. Muahaha! Oh, he was going to pay dearly for this. Adrian Black, the feared mafia boss, would look completely and utterly ridiculous tomorrow.

————

"I'm not wearing that," He protests looking at the Grinch costume with disgust.

"It's a gift your loving ex-girlfriend bought for you," I pout. "If you want me back, you're wearing this and driving to the hospital with me."

"I'm nothing like the Grinch," He grumbles before snatching the costume out of my hand and disappearing into the bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him. I snicker evilly to myself. Who said fixing my broken heart was easy?

Especially after what happened with... Oh hell no. I won't go back there.

You're my murderer.

The loud gunshot rings through my head and my heart begins to race. I was fine just a minute ago, why am I remembering everything now?!

I feel my palms begin to get sweaty, before I crouch down on the ground, leaning against the wall, trying to tell myself everything will be okay. The world begins to close in on me and that causes my head to spin like it's been thrown into a washing machine.

I think Adrian walks out in the Grinch costume, and I honestly would have laughed in this situation if it weren't for my panic attack. I see him take off the mask of his costume and crouch down next to me. "Hey, Bailey, look, it's going to be okay."

"Pills," I breathe out clutching my arms in an attempt to stop them from shaking. "Bag." He immediately fishes into my bag and brings out my container of pills that usually work as antidepressants.

He gets the water bottle from my bag too, and then places the pill in my mouth before pouring water into it, helping me swallow it. After a couple of seconds, I begin to feel a lot better and my breathing returns to normalcy.