Chapter 2 - She's One Of The Boys

The dedication for A-Kinch is for all the work she has done to help me edit this story, seriously...my e-mail is flooded with edited chaps she has gone over, and questions she has raised about certain things which I will now be able to work on and fix, so I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to her and that I appreciate it so much! xo

Lubber you A! ;-)

~ ~ Chapter Two ~ ~

     Con - I don't even get a break before I have to start my new school. I only just got home yesterday and now, the next morning, I'm already packing my school bag.

Con - There is a stupid school uniform which involves a skirt. My last school never convinced me to wear one and when I did, I wore jeans underneath as protest and it was a once in a lifetime thing - so good luck to Milton's in getting me to wear the proper uniform.

Pro - I'll be going to school with my brothers, they organised it all so I will have at least one of them in each of my classes. How extremely awesome is that? There is even one class - home economics where the twins are in it, because they had such low numbers.

But seriously, if they thought kids who went around causing trouble were actually going to take cooking classes seriously and become housewives, they were insanely delusional. I'm already imagining all the food fights that will go on during that period.

"Eva! Move your butt!" Harper shouted from down the hall.

Groaning, I pulled the plain navy polo shirt on over top of my head, the shirt was big because I stole it off Travis. Dad ordered one in 'my' size which was wrong and a size too small, so it was tight and revealed everything. I'm not ashamed of my body since I'm naturally slender, but it didn't mean I want gross boys looking at me all day.

So, I went with the next best thing and got this shirt, I tied it up at the back though because it was seriously too long and just looked stupid. Glancing at my reflection, I quickly tied my hair up into a messy pony tail, pulled my baseball hat on and yanked my hair through the hole at the back. Grabbed some jeans - the same ones as last night with all the rips and picked my sneakers up on my way out.

"Coming!" I shouted as I ran down the hall towards the stairs, jumping up onto the railing and sliding all the way down to the bottom – how I’ve missed doing that here. The school railings were just not as cool and I always had girls shrieking and yelling because they had to jump out of my way quickly.

Smiling, I remembered the time my brothers and I stole a construction sign and used it as an indoor make shift sleigh, sliding down the stairs on it. Man did Dad flip out at us, but it was totally worth it still.

"You took that long to look like that?" Harper asked as he slung his arm over my shoulder and led me out the front door.

"I'm slow, what else can I say?" I shrugged as I stole the apple from his hand, and bit into it quickly with a big grin at my ninja moves.

"It was for you anyway doofus," he muttered shaking his head lightly.

Well, that kind of sucked then. What's the point of stealing something when it was already yours?

"How do you all get to school?" I asked as I my eyes landed on the limo out front, silently hoping for the bus instead.

He nodded at it, "Dad doesn't trust us to show up otherwise." I laughed loudly, sounds just like something they would do if it were left up to them and to be honest with myself, it sounds like something I would do too.