Chapter 31 - She's One Of The Boys

here's next chap......Enjoy! xo

~ ~ Chapter Thirty One ~ ~

“And this is the games room – it’s where we spend a lot of our free time,” I grinned over at Chris as we stood inside the open doorway, Stevie turned and smiled a little and Brody just waved his hand over his shoulder while keeping his eyes glued to the big screen as he rammed Stevie’s electric blue car off the track.

“Cheater!” Stevie shouted, then turned and glared at Brody who was acting like he had just done nothing at all before Stevie pounced on him, sending Brody’s controller to the floor and starting a mini wrestling match with them both shouting out insults.

“Um, it gets pretty heated in here,” I scratched the top of my head as we watched Brody hitting Stevie in the head with his controller shouting ‘down boy!’ while Stevie was latched onto his waist.

Chris chuckled, “I can see that; are you any good at playing?” he turned to face me as my jaw dropped a little.

“Boy, I own half these games. I'm like the epic legend at car racing.”

“Epic cheater too!” Brody shouted out with a smirk, I pulled a face at him but I was secretly happy he was talking to me again and that he was somewhat over the whole incident this morning. I hate it when my brothers and I fight – which surprisingly does happen despite how close we all are but they just don’t last long.

“Pfft, I don’t need to cheat unlike some,” and I gave him a pointed look.

He glanced down at Stevie who was still latched onto him and trying to knock him over backwards but Brody was managing to hold his own so far, “Who came in here when everyone was out and played all the games for so long that you took all the top scores? That’s what I call cheating. This,” and he motioned to Stevie and the TV, “Is called sportsmanship.” He grinned while I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever,” I muttered and turned around, “Come on Chris.” I motioned for him to follow me again and walked down the hall a little further to the very end door, which was opposite Harpers and alongside Grant’s. Pushing the door open I walked in and looked around – I haven’t actually been in here for years now.

“This is your room.” It wasn’t fancy or anything but at least it had its own walk in closet, bathroom and a large queen sized bed in the middle with simple white curtains over the balcony doors, “You can paint it and stuff, we won’t care. No one has ever even used this room before.”

“Is that my own bathroom?” Chris asked with a smile as he quickly walked over to the door and opened it with me following and peering over his shoulder.

“Damn, your shower is bigger than mine,” I muttered.

“No swaps!” he instantly shouted and grinned back at me.

Frowning, “I didn’t want to anyway, my room is far cooler.”

“Where is your room?” he asked slowly as we backed out and he followed me back over to his bedroom doorway and out into the hall.

Pointing to the door directly across from him which was painted black, “That’s Harper’s room.” Then I pointed to the one on his side and next to him, “Brody’s.” And I started walking down the hall, “Mine,” I pointed to the room next to Harper’s, “Then Stevie’s is on my other side and Travis’s is on Stevie’s other side.” Then I nodded at the games room, “You know what that is and Grant’s is the last door next to the games room.”