Chapter 43 - She's One Of The Boys

Dedicated this chap to Tommo because he is awesome and never fails to make me laugh - but he's a bad influence (lol, sorry man, I had to say that - it was too tempting!) :P but anyways, check out his work!

Anyways, hope you all enjoy it! xx

~ ~ Chapter Forty Three ~ ~

Changing wolf mid stride, my paws hit the ground and I felt myself grinning as I ran towards the back wall, happiness and excitement running through my body as dad followed me just a few steps behind – knowing he had my back felt great but I couldn’t wait to get as far away from this house as fast as I could.

‘Try and keep up, old man,’ I teased, leaping up the side of the wall and just clearing the top of it before I went flying down towards the ground.

‘No need to be silly honey,’ he scolded lightly but I could hear he was proud at how skilfully I cleared the giant brick fence.

Rolling my eyes as I turned to see him land a few metres behind me, I glanced up at the top, half expecting one of my brothers to come leaping over it because they had just busted us leaving without telling them. ‘Brody is going to go crazy on my butt,’ I muttered, thinking I’ve already managed to escape whatever long blasting rant he has in store for me but knowing I can’t escape it for too much longer.

‘Wouldn’t want to be you then,’ dad chuckled as he ran past me, nudging me in the side with his giant wolf head while I shot daggers at his retreating back. ‘Keep up Evangeline.’

Letting out a small bark, I dug my paws into the ground and took off running after him; I’ll show him ‘keep up’. He may be bigger, okay, a heck of a lot bigger than me but I'm faster – well I'm hoping I am. Maybe all his extra weight will slow him down?

Ten minutes later and I have over taken him, I heard dad make some weird noise from behind me but ignored it as I concentrated on getting to Saxon’s house as quickly as I could because I didn’t actually know where he was now. So I'm just going to follow his scent from there and hope for the best.

He is more than likely going to try and yell at me in a way where he thinks he can actually boss me around and that I would listen but I'm not worried about that, I just need to know that he is okay. That big jerk means more to me than I honestly care to admit and it was eating at me that I didn’t know what was going on.

Sliding to a stop out the front of his deserted house, my eyes glanced over at the smashed front door before taking in the surroundings, there wasn’t anyone here but I had already figured as much. Dropping my nose close to the ground as I walked along quickly, sniffing out for his individual scent which didn’t take me long and I barked happily as I looked towards the edge of the trees.

‘This way dad,’ I muttered and started running once more, not waiting for dad because I knew he would catch up.

‘Honey, I want you to be behind me when we get there and not to leave my side no matter what,’ dad’s voice boomed through my mind with authority and leaving no room for arguing.

‘Yeah yeah,’ I mumbled, not wanting to start an argument anyway and have him slow me down.

‘Evangeline,’ his tone warning me and I just smirked to myself as I kept running, narrowly missing low branches that got in my way only to hear them snapping behind me since dad decided he would just run right through them.