Chapter 21 - She's One Of The Boys

• Dedicated to R.I.P ~ You are gone but not forgotten and will truly be missed

~ ~ Chapter Twenty One ~ ~

“Wow, and you say I need anger management, I think we have just found ourselves a winner here people,” I muttered to myself as I took in the upturned lounge room and all its belongings, not one thing left untouched, even the walls had gaping big holes in them.

The kitchen was no better off when I looked in there but I found a chocolate bar on the counter and ripped it open, “Score,” Hey, don’t judge, I'm missing out on my lunch right now because of this, “Saxon? You home?” I called out, glancing up the stairs.

Nothing.

“Fine, ignore me then,” I muttered as I continued to look around the bottom level, there were a few rooms down here, one seemed to be a boring entertainment room but it’s just totalled now and nothing looked like it would work no more. Not that it actually had much entertainment in the first place – what do they do in their free time here, twiddle their thumbs?

Making my way up the stairs, I really wished I had grabbed my sandwich but stupid me left my school bag in Tarsha’s car and she ditched me along with Gemma. Looking left and then right once I got to the top, there were so many doors to look through but one suddenly opened and a huge guy stepped out, rubbing his face with one hand, like he had just woken up.

He stopped instantly and turned to face me with a defensive growl and I just stared at him, he was massive! I have never seen someone with such large arms like that before, they were almost bulging and he looked older too. He had blue eyes and light brown short cut hair and he didn’t seem friendly at all.

“Hi, do you know where Saxon is?” I asked sweetly, even smiling a little. See, I can do polite.

He glared at me so I dropped my sweet smile into a smirk, yeah I'm not going to be polite if he isn’t, “Let me guess, you’re the one who ticked Saxon off so bad?”

I had to stop myself from grinning, it just sounded so funny, “Do you know where he is?”

He glared at me for another full minute then finally nodded to the hall behind me, “In his office probably passed out,” He grunted.

“Perfect,” I clapped my hands together with a smile, “Can you get me a large cup of cold water? I'm pretty thirsty,” And I pretend to be dehydrating.

“Do I look like a butler?” he snapped instantly, moving towards me for the stairs.

Smiling sweetly, “No but I'm the Alpha’s mate.”

“You haven’t even accepted him, that’s what the whole problem is,” He grunted back.

“Beside the point, just get me a cup of cold water...please,” I smiled sweetly again and he scowled at me.

Stomping down the stairs I heard him grumbling to himself, “Can’t believe I'm taking orders from a child.”

“I heard that!” I sang cheerily as I made my way down the hall, opening and shutting every door, most of them being someone’s bedroom and still intact and not looking like a bomb site, actually the entire top level looks pretty good, maybe the bulky man didn’t let Saxon up here or something?

I was opening the fourth door when he came back and walked down to me, handing me a large glass of ice cold water, I could feel it through the glass when I took it. Smiling up at him, he really was tall, “Cheers,” He then pointed to the door across from us.