Chapter 17 - Shes One Of The Boys

Enjoy ppl =)

~ ~ Chapter Seventeen ~ ~

(Eva’s POV)

“Race you!” I shouted out loud with a laugh as I took off through the trees, Harper and Stevie coming up behind me at a slower pace.

“Race to where?” Stevie shouted back as he caught up and ran alongside me, keeping pace.

I smiled wickedly, “Tell you when I get there!” I laughed again and took off, leaving him behind along with Harper who shouted out ‘cheater’ behind me but I didn’t care. I was totally going to win this race, even if I was kind of maybe cheating.

Racing through the trees as fast as I could in human form, I smiled as the wind rushed against my face. I felt so alive and free while running and it made me forget about my last week of harassment against a certain douche bag. Travis has told me to back off a few times now but I don’t understand why, shouldn’t he hate Saxon with a passion right now? Not be sticking up for him in a way?

Eva!’ Stevie’s panicked voice filled my head, forcing me to look behind me but I couldn’t see him, actually, I couldn’t even see them anywhere behind me.

Slowing down and eventually stopping, ‘What’s up bro?’ I asked with a smile.

Get back here right now!’ He shouted again, making me frown, what was going on? Are they in trouble or something?

Why?’ I asked quickly as I turned around, ready to head back but stopped instantly from the sight in front of me. Crap.

You’re on Saxon’s land; he can kill you for trespassing!’ Harper’s voice shouted at me with worry.

Smiling slightly but feeling a little nervous at the sound of the deep rumbling growl, ‘Um, he’s kind of just found me,’ I mumbled back, waiting for their reactions as I watched Saxon’s large wolf form stalking towards me.

Crap!’ Harper shouted, ‘Don’t run!

Why the hell not? I’ve given him hell all week; you really think he is just going to want to talk to me?’ I shouted back, kind of maybe regretting going overboard a little right now but I still justify he deserved every last thing he got from me.

Ask him if we can have permission to come get you,’ Stevie growled.

He will chase you if you run,’ Harper didn’t shout this time but the panic he felt was clear to me.

Trying to not smile because we all already knew Saxon’s response to Stevie’s question, “So, um, can my brothers come get me?” I asked quietly, glancing away and checking if he had back up or not – there was none. He shook his giant wolf head slowly, the deep rumbling sound still coming from his chest.

Turns out permission is denied,’ I muttered back to Stevie.

Saxon walked even closer, lowering his head slightly as his eyes stayed on me, ‘Yeah, screw the not running, you guys!’ I shouted as I spun on my heels and went to take off.

No!’ came their chorused replies, stopping me in my tracks enough for Saxon to leap at me from behind, knocking me to the ground, “Argh!” I screamed as my side landed on a large rock, digging into my ribs and pain spread out across my body, tears filled my eyes instantly as I grabbed where it hurt to try and relieve it.