Chapter 22 - She's One Of The Boys

Enjoy xo

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Two ~ ~

The second Saxon pulled up to my house I was out that jeep and running up the steps, swinging the front door open with a bang. I was thinking the whole way over here how I was going to keep my brothers out of the loop and not start any fights with anyone and I came up with dad.

One whiff of the air and I knew he was in his office as a grin spread across my face. I'm so glad my brothers taught me everything because being a wolf is awesome now that I can use my extra senses properly – when I remember too.

Knocking on the door lightly dad shouted out for me to come in and now it finally made sense to me why he always knew who was outside his door. For years I was convinced he had secret camera’s set up everywhere and had spies watching us. Now I feel stupid for thinking that but how cool would it be to have a secret spy?

Stepping in, I left the door open behind me as I quickly walked over to him while he continued staring at the laptops screen and typing away. Not much has changed between us but I feel more relaxed around him and no longer take it personal that he hasn’t looked up at me yet.

“Um, dad? I was wondering if it's okay if I go on a road trip, I’ll be back in a few days,” I blurted it out so quickly that I'm not sure if he heard but when he stopped what he was doing to look up at me I smiled weakly. Even if he did say no – I was still going.

“A road trip? Evangeline, it’s a school week,” He sounded unimpressed by this and I almost swore out loud for the first time ever because I had totally forgot about school. I was too excited with my first ever road trip and getting Emily back for Travis!

“I’ll catch up!” I cried as that excuse popped into my head and I heard someone scoff from behind me. Turning around I shot Saxon daggers. We both knew that was a lie but dad doesn’t and I’d like it to stay that way.

“Who are you going with?” and dads eyes flickered over towards Saxon but he said nothing to him and ‘King’ Saxon growled because he doesn’t like being ignored so I shot him another glare telling him to stop it and surprisingly Saxon listened.

“Me and doofus here because he has to, he owes it to Travis,” I gave Saxon a pointed look and he narrowed his eyes but not in a mean way.

“Give you doofus,” Saxon muttered angrily with his arms folded over.

“I’d like to see you try,” I muttered back with a smirk.

“No fighting in my office!” dad growled in a low tone, “It’s why you kids were always banned from here.”

“What? We never once fought in your office,” I objected because we hadn’t, dad was either always in here and when he wasn’t the flipping door was locked tight.

“You and the quads were four and the twins were five, so I doubt you can remember but you all got in here somehow and ruined everything. I walked in to see you kids piled up on the floor punching and hitting one another. I was furious that day,” But as he spoke dad had a small smile in the corner of his lips.

“We’re just cool like that,” I shrugged and plopped down into the seat I have always feared in this room, “So? Can I go or what?”

“Is it just the two of you?” dad raised an eyebrow.