Chapter 7 - She's One Of The Boys

~ ~ Chapter Seven ~ ~

Scrunching my eyes shut tight I waited for the pain to come but it never did, in fact, I felt his whole body fly right past my face with a gush of air. In shock I opened my eyes and looked around for him, a small snarl came from my mouth as I saw a red russet wolf standing there, ears pinned back, teeth baring and growling.

Saxon was standing in front of me in an almost defensive manner, snapping his teeth like a wild dog and not a teenage boy who happens to be able to change into a wolf. I'm not sure if he was just protecting me as his darn kill or what but he was scary looking, the red wolf took a few calculated steps back but he didn't stop the growls.

Rolling over so I was now laying on my belly, I moved my back leg slightly and yelped instantly, both of them heard me and growled louder. Saxon didn't turn to look but the red wolf did though, it’s cold hard eyes boring straight into mine and I knew he wasn’t going to offer me any help and it now knows I'm injured. Crap.

So the million dollar question of the day is - which one is going to kill me first? I'm not sure who I would prefer either because they both seem like the ‘straight for the throat kill’ kind of wolves.

My leg did still hurt just not as bad as when that idiot first bit me. It hadn't taken me long to figure out that I'm a fast healer, especially in my wolf form. So I knew it shouldn't take too long for my leg to be healed enough to make a run for it. Hopefully these two idiots will fight each other long enough and distract themselves with one another for me to make my escape.

Then I will run home as fast as I possibly can – to heck being naked when I sneak back in, I don't care, anything is better than the situation I am in right now but damn, if I get busted by any of my brothers or Dad, then I am so dead. Just not as dead as what I am going to be in this situation.

Moving my back leg a little as I blocked out what the other two were doing, I could have grinned, it hurt, yes, but I could move it better now. Turning to quickly look at Saxon's back just as he lunged at the red wolf, teeth snapping loudly in the quiet forest , they fell back down to the ground in a small heap but it didn't stop them from each moving. Their teeth snapping furiously and their growls thundering all around us as they were each trying to get the upper hand over the other one.

Dead leaves and dirt were being kicked up all over the place as they snapped and spun around each other, both just staying out of reach but I could see the way Saxon was getting in closer than the other wolf was while keeping himself covered at the same time. This was my chance to escape. Standing to my feet with little effort, I cringed as I put my back paw down, and then lifted most of my body weight off of it.

Without looking back I darted off into the trees, biting my tongue to stop the yelps as I hobbled along on my light jogging pace. I needed to pick up speed if I wanted to get away, hell, I didn't even know where I was going or if this is even the right direction but it was better than sitting around and waiting to be attacked.

I’ve never lain down and given up before and I'm not about to start now – at least I know I would have done my best right now.

Closing my eyes for a second I tried to sniff my surroundings, searching for my own trail or anything that would guide me back but it was like my nose was useless, in other words - human.

After a while of jogging, the sun started to slowly go down and I knew I was in so much trouble when I got home but then panic swirled in my chest slightly. I had been out in this forest for far too long, so I must be going in the wrong direction.

My leg wasn't healing fast enough because I was using it, so that was still giving me grief. Stuff it. I collapsed to the ground, landing on my side and resting my head on a mossy tree root while panting heavily. I needed to rest my leg.