Chapter 39 - She's One Of The Boys

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Nine ~ ~

Yes I do!’ Brody snapped back instantly and I found my eyes narrowing at him with a glare and pinched lips.

He would not,’ Harper interrupted, sending Brody a warning look which he ignored.

He would so - he is a selfish person, look at what he did to Travis and Emily! You really think he would do anything to help us out?’ his voice growled loudly to us all.

He’s my mate Brody,’ my growl was low and I was holding back my anger but it still managed to seep through a little.

Oh, I'm sorry,’ He sarcastically replied, acting like he didn’t mean anything he had just said which made my anger boil even more with him before his face dropped back into a scowl, ‘So what? Because he is your mate I'm expected to forgive him for everything and think he is a decent person now? Grow up Eva, he will never change and I'm not going to help him in the slightest.’

Enough!’ Travis growled loudly, warning us all to drop it but Brody managed to ignore the Alpha warning and kept it going.

I don't care what he is to you because I will always put our pack before him!’ he snapped, his eyes never leaving mine.

Jumping to my feet, my hands smashed down on the table in tight fists as I never broke eye contact. A loud crack from the wooden table top could be heard and I bet everyone was staring at us like freaks because to all of them we haven’t even uttered a single word but to us, we are having a full on fight.

‘Are you trying to imply I don't put my family first?’ I growled loudly, it almost resembled a roar but that comment was uncalled for.

Brody didn’t flinch in the slightest, ‘No. I'm just saying I put my pack before someone else.

That’s it! You’re going down!’ I screamed at him in anger as I jumped up onto the bench and used it to lunge myself over the table at him.

Brody’s eyes widened slightly as he watched me fly towards him but he was too slow as I hit into his chest and knocked him over backwards, falling to the side but he managed to grab my shoulders and twist me around so I landed on top of him instead of the ground.

‘I don't need your help if you’re going to be acting like a jerk!’ I growled angrily as I rolled off of him, kicking him in the thigh as I jumped to my feet.

Brody was up on his feet within seconds, ‘No matter what, you’re still my sister but it won’t change how I feel.’

Cut it out you two,’ Grant called out, pleading for us to listen and back down but Brody had gone too far, my inner wolf was on her defensive side along with the human part of me. Brody had basically accused me of not caring about any of them. How could he even say or think that?

And you’re my brother but it still makes you wrong,’ I retorted, ignoring Grants pleas for peace.

Brody suddenly shoved me backwards a little, not a lot and it was not even close to actually being a violent gesture but it still ticked me off. So I shoved him backwards but a little harder than what he had just done.

You’re not to tell him anything,’ he growled warningly.

Narrowing my eyes once again, ‘My pack comes first but I won’t sit around and let him be attacked,’ I snapped as I ran at him again, shoving him even harder than before and making him stumble backwards.