Chapter 29 - She's One Of The Boys

Enjoy......xo

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Nine ~ ~

(Saxon’s POV)

Sitting in the empty teachers chair as Keith and a few of the other boys from my pack lounged around on the desks and filled me in on what Chris has been up to at school – I was already up to date with everything out of school and no one dared to ask me any questions about where I was, I think they all knew I was with Eva and soon they will figure out it was to bring Emily home.

“Testing,” A voice spoke out over the P.A system and I frowned, immediately recognising that voice even though she was trying to disguise it.

The others cracked up laughing, “Who the hell is that?” Keith laughed.

“Eva,” I mumbled as her ‘manly’ voice flooded the room once more.

“Saxon Redford, report to the front office immediately,” And it was clear she was holding back laughter and all of us in this room heard someone in the background shouting at her to get away from it. “By the way – Eva rocks this school! Oh and Chris is the greatest sidekick ever – beat that Stevie!” she laughed in her normal voice now and then silence.

My hands clenched immediately, this meant she was in the office with Chris but it didn’t sound like him in the background shouting, it sounded like one of her brothers. The room fell silent around me and I stood to my feet. Eva really needs to learn how to pick her friends better.

Slamming the office door open I made Mrs Hill jumped from behind her desk then she looked over at me, “Oh, Saxon, I'm dreadfully sorry, it was all just a prank....” she muttered something else but I blocked her out as I turned to face Eva and Chris watching me from the chairs outside of Grug’s office.

By the sounds of it, Travis was in there right now arguing with him. I wonder where Emily was; maybe she left for class since the bell rang before I even started making my way here.

“Hey Sax,” Eva greeted casually, like she didn’t just call me out over the schools P.A system like some lap dog to come running to her – though I guess I did in a way but more for the fact she was with Chris.

Tilting my head slightly to the side I studied her, she looked tired in the face, like she had got hardly any sleep last night because she had black bags under her eyes but she was grinning and bouncing around on her seat like she was full of energy. She better not be doing drugs, if she is she will regret it when I kick her butt.

“Why so tired?” I asked, ignoring Chris’s presence in the room.

She shrugged as the door opened and Travis walked out, slamming it behind him, running his hands down his face, “Eva, you’re suspended from school for three days as of right now,” He groaned, “Dad is going to be angry, you know that right? Why didn’t you listen to me?” he asked, looking over at her now and she shrugged again.

“Because it was a super cool idea and lots of fun,” She grinned, and then smiled at Chris alongside her, “Team EC,” She chuckled softly and I growled lightly at their bonding.

Chris looked up and smirked, then leaned in and whispered to Eva, knowing I could hear, “I think lover boy is jealous,” she laughed but then looked over at me and stopped, rolling her eyes.