Chapter 36 - She's One Of The Boys

Once again, thanks so much for the support and comments, it amazing! =)

And a huge big thanks to prettyboimonster for explaining so much to me! Im sure ya got sick of it, lol..

Anyways...hope ya all enjoy....xo

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Six ~ ~

Walking slowly down the empty hallway, I had managed to lose Emily in the mass crowds of students because I don’t want to talk to anyone about it and I don’t know of a nice way to put it to her that wouldn’t hurt her feelings – so I hid like a coward.

I'm so confused and angry right now, angry with myself for even thinking I could pull those stupid flirty moves over Saxon and get away with it; and confused because I think I may be falling for the arrogant wolf. I don’t know. I’ve never been one who is into all that lovey dovey crap and I only wanted to stay friends, if you could even call us that but they the look he gave me when our faces were so close – it took my breath away. Great, now he is making me sound like a love sick puppy.

Groaning loudly in frustration I kicked a closed classroom door, lucky it was empty so I didn’t get yelled at by any teachers. Why does everything have to be so complicated? I don’t want a boyfriend, or a mate. I just want to be me and live my life the way I want to and have fun doing that.

I wish I never came home in the first place.

Looking up I spotted Chris sitting at a desk by himself in his classroom, I glanced at the teacher who was writing on the board – yep, not my class but oh well. Turning towards the open door I walked right on in, I needed to get my thoughts together and figure out what on earth Saxon is doing to me. Do I want to be with him or not? I know we are mates because some weird wolf spirit thought we were ‘prefect’ for each other but that doesn’t mean I have to be with him, despite what Travis has told me because it’s my life and my choice.

Groaning again as I walked between the desks, Chris looked up with a raised eyebrow and I shook my head at him.

“Excuse me, Eva, you are not in this class...” the pudgy teacher trailed off as I glared over at him, daring him to try and kick me out. He blinked and quickly looked away, “Never mind, just behave though.” He mumbled and turned back to his board.

Kicking the chair out from besides Chris, I slumped down and folded my arms over, leaning on the desk and dropping my head onto them. Gah, why is life so complicated? I was okay with he fact he is my mate, I tolerated his bad mood swings and egoistical attitude – which I must admit, he was toning down on a lot but now all these new feelings are stirring and I hate it.

“What’s up buttercup?” Chris teased softly and I rolled my head to the side to glare at him which only made him grin.

“Shut up Chris.” I mumbled in a bored tone.

He chuckled, “Saxon problems?” I nodded against my arms and sighed loudly, “You’ll figure it out.” He muttered and gave me a soft smile when I peeked up at him.

“Being a wolf sucks, well, it’s actually pretty cool but did they have to throw in the whole mate thing? It totally brings it all down.” I mumbled, turning to look out the window.

Chris laughed loudly and the teacher hissed at him to be quiet, “It doesn’t suck for anyone else, just for you because you’re the unlucky one tied to Saxon.”