Chapter 32 - She's One Of The Boys

Enjoy.......xo

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Two ~ ~

Making my way to first class I tried to do those stupid breathing exercises people always talk about to calm you down and it seemed to maybe be working. I already decided I wasn’t telling my brothers about Saxon’s little nasty threat against me because I knew I could handle him myself and if my brothers got involved – then it was going to get really messy.

Pushing the classroom door open the teacher looked up and glared at me but said nothing as I made my way to the back of the food room where Stevie, Travis and Emily were all sitting. Yeah, I know, I got here way before everyone else but I still managed to be late to first class.

I felt their eyes on me as I sat down next to Stevie but I kept my face turned towards the front and refused to look at any of them.

“Eva, are you okay?” Emily asked softly and I felt my body twitch. Damn her for being so nice, if it had been my brother who had asked I probably would have ignored him but I felt like I would be the most horrible person ever if I ignored her.

“I'm fine Em,” I even forced a little smile as I glanced over at her briefly, meeting her eyes for a split second before looking away again and blocking everyone out.

A few minutes later Travis and Emily stood up and walked towards the storage room along with some other students, so Stevie took this opportunity to pounce on me as he grabbed my arm and pulled me so I spun on my chair to face him then flashed me an innocent smile which I rolled my eyes at.

“Okay, what’s up?” he asked looking at me expectantly.

“I got into a fight with Saxon, what else is new? So don’t worry about it,” I mumbled; attempting to turn away from him but the boy had a strong grip on my arm.

“Yeah, that is an everyday thing,” he spoke slowly, “But you never come out of the fights looking so ticked off, did you lose an argument or something?” he smirked but tried to hide it when I shot him an annoyed look. Me lose to Saxon? I don’t think so.

“Something like that,” I grumbled turning away and this time he let go off my arm. I’d rather let him think it was that than what had actually happened.

Staring out the window as I thought about it, would he really force me to join his pack? Knowing how miserable I would be there and not to mention how much I would hate him for it? I don’t know, sometimes I think I'm getting through to him but then he goes and does something like this which breaks everything. Why do I even care so much?

The door burst open and I looked up with the rest of the class as Chris came running in and towards me, sliding along the floor and stopping at the side of my table. Raising an eyebrow I looked up at him, where has he been for the first half of class?

“Chris! Why are you late to my class?” the teacher suddenly demanded in a shrilly voice which made us all wince and I noticed a few others in the room did too which I smirked at because now I knew who were wolves in this class.

“Uh? Slept in late?” Chris offered while he grabbed a nearby chair and pulled it up alongside me, “So what are we making peeps?” he grinned.

“Some upside-down pineapple thing,” Stevie laughed as he picked up a pineapple ring and took a huge mouthful then grinned at us with pineapple teeth like little kids do with oranges.

“Gross,” Chris muttered pulling a face as the door slammed open again.

“For crying out loud people! I swear this place is more like a zoo than a school!” the teacher shrieked, throwing her hands up in the air from frustration as she glared at a dripping wet Harper in the doorway who was scowling at Chris. Looking at Chris I could see him hiding his laughter and smiles but he wasn’t doing a very good job.