Chapter 33 - She's One Of The Boys

Oh and if ya have noticed - I have entered this in the watty awards bc a few fans have told me I should, so now I have. I dont expect to win or anything but it should be fun. =)

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Three ~ ~

“I think you should put me down then,” I whispered slowly to Chris but kept my eyes glued to Saxon who was now standing in the middle of the road and growling with a low warning in his tone.

I felt Chris nod and then he slowly inched me off of his back while I made sure Saxon was in my sight at all times, I didn’t want him sneaking up on us or something when we weren’t looking. Chris turned around slowly and took a big step away from me.

Frowning, I spared him a quick glance but he was looking at the ground, “I'm showing him I mean you no harm,” he whispered slowly, keeping his eyes on the ground.

The smell of something strong drifted towards me. Although, it was something I had never smelt before, I can’t say I liked it - it was pretty gross and my eyes instinctively flickered over to Jack who was standing still and trembling with his hands held up in a peace symbol and he looked terrified.

“That’s fear you can smell,” Chris murmured, obviously noticing my scrunched up nose and I looked back over to him then turned my head quickly in Saxon’s direction as his teeth snapped viciously.

“He shouldn’t be here, someone might see him,” I muttered to Chris but stayed looking at Saxon now, I was not going to look away again as his low growling filled the air as a constant noise.

“Are you going to argue with him right now?” Chris muttered back quickly and I opened my mouth to reply but he cut me off, “You probably are stupid enough to try.” I pinched my lips while wanting so badly to shoot him daggers for that comment but I didn’t want to take my eyes of Saxon.

Two more wolves joined in behind him but they stayed back in the cover of the trees, I could see them without having to actually look at them. “I was going to suggest maybe patting him?” I half asked since I really had no idea what to do right now, I had never been in this kind of position but I could sense the dangerous vibe in the air.

“What?” Chris basically shouted. Saxon growled, snapping his teeth ferociously, and Chris quickly backed down, “Don’t be so stupid,” he whispered, controlling the volume of his voice once again.

“Do you have a better idea smarty pants?” I shot back and gave up on my tense position I was standing in to turn and glare at him. Chris looked at me like I was crazy but I shrugged my shoulders and turned back to face Saxon, quickly looking over at Jack, “Don’t worry dude, I’ll save you,” I chuckled quietly and he shot me the same look Chris just did as I took a step forward towards Saxon and he also took a step forward towards me.

“Eva!” Chris hissed, “Are you insane?”

“He’s right; it’s not safe to approach a ticked off Alpha – especially when he’s being territorial,” Jack whispered urgently but I rolled my eyes.

“Dude, I’ve fought alongside Saxon before when we crossed some rogues,” I muttered as I took another step forward, having the commonsense to at least not run up to him. Saxon raised his head slightly and sniffed the air but made no other movement and didn’t stop the growling.

“When did you fight rogues – and stop moving,” Chris basically snapped at me and reached out to grab my arm but I skipped out of his reach and a deafening growl thundered through the air.