Failed to send a message

Notes:

Luz and the gang are in the process of recovering
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Later that night.

Luz sits on her nest and tries for the 12th time to send a message to her adopted mother.

"Mami, I wish I could reach out to you, I know this message won't go through, but once I am home to you, you'll understand everything that has happened. It has been a week since I confronted Belos, and got a piece of his petty mask as a trophy, this proves that he's not invincible."

______________

In eda's room.

After helping her mate get a bath, change into new clothes and bandage his wounds, king spoon feeding him warm soup, he instantly fell asleep in their nest.

"Edalyn, we need to talk." Lilith spoke walking into the bedroom. as she sat down by her sister's nest. "Talk about certain recent events."

"What, expose Oswald's identity, how you took Luz hostage just to get me to fight you, nearly killed her and revealed you were the one who cursed me just as the curse finally took me over?" Eda icily reminded her older sister. "Yeah, I totally know."

"It's not that." Lilith corrected. "He was going to use the portal Luz burned for a thing called the Day of Unity.
He is going to use the portal as a way to the Human Realm, as you can imagine that would be very bad for the world."

"So, he was going to use it to take over both worlds?" Eda glares in question.

Notes:

The next chapter will involve Luz and Oswald talking for the first time.