Feeling hopeless

Hey Mom, I'm back." Luz said, tears in her eyes while she tries to hide her pain with a slight smile.

Camila hugs Luz, so relieved to have her daughter back home and in her arms again. Luz freezes for a moment from the sudden contact, but hugs her back. Her friends and father join in the hug, being there for each other during this hopeless time.

Camila lets them all inside and has them gather around in the living room to explain what happened. The kids all look at one another, too shaken up to relive those horrifying events.

Amity looks at Luz and can tell she's struggling, so she puts her hand on her shoulder.

Then Amity takes a deep breath and explains what happened. "We had to fight Belos while he was a horrifying monster. .......We almost didn't make it, but then this even more terrifying kid with dangerous powers destroyed Belos with a flick of his finger." Amity said.

"The Collector." Hunter said in panic.

"Who?" Amity asked.

"They're called The Collector. A child from the stars that isn't a witch or demon I've read. They're basically just a child with unlimited powers. A deadly combination. Oswald adds holding his left eye.

I've heard stories of the horrible things they've done. And now that they're free...I don't know if anyone's going to survive back at the Boiling Isles." Hunter. explained in a despondent tone.

Everyone stares at Hunter shocked. They can't believe this is happening. Their home that they built is most likely being destroyed, they're loved ones might not survive, and there's nothing they can do about it.

Luz just stares at the floor blankly, a hopeless expression across her face as tears well up in her eyes.

Amity notices Luz's distressed state and puts her arm around her. "Luz, are you okay?" Amity asked.

"I'm fine. We just need to focus on finding a way back to the Boiling Isles so we can save our friends and family." Luz replied, in a depressed tone.

Amity's never seen Luz like this before. Her once happy and optimistic girlfriend is slowly becoming cold and distant and that scares her.

"Luz is right, we need to focus on finding a way back. There's no time to dwell on what happened if we want to save our home." Gus said.

Willow and Hunter nod in agreement, still shaken up by everything that's happened, but they're doing their best to be strong.

Amity looks at her friends' beaten down appearances and knows she needs to be the voice of reason in this situation, she looks at Luz's hopeless face and can't help but feel incredibly sad for her.

"We need to rest and recover from everything that just happened before we start making plans. Let's get some sleep and recharge. We can get to work in the morning." Amity replied, in a calm firm tone.

"I agree, you all need medical attention, food, and sleep. I'll go get my medical supplies and some warm food. You're safe now, and you need to rest." Camila added.

With that, Camila leaves and quickly returns with bowls of soup for everyone.

Vee hands them out while Camila uses her first aid kit to patch the kids up one by one. Oswald insisted luz was next, Later she gets to Luz and starts patching up the cut on her eyebrow.

"Mija, are you doing okay?" Camila asked, concerned.

Luz keeps her brave face on, holding back tears. She wants to cry and let herself feel comforted by her adopted Mom, but she can't let herself be vulnerable. Not after everything that happened.