Them's the Breaks, Kid Part 2

Meanwhile at the hallway of the school. Principal Faust's shadow is seen looming from above, and several students start to hide, run away and scream at the sight of him.]

Principal Faust: Every year, Hexside participates in a special training program called Instructing Future Witches of Tomorrow. [When they reach the locker, Faust slides the glass door open and takes a ribbon from a statue inside.] I attend with our most gifted students and we return with blue ribbons as a testament to my... [admires the ribbon he's holding and realizes what he said] I mean, our excellence. [Young Eda looks at Bump, who just looks at her worriedly] Unfortunately...

Vice Principal Bump: You expelled our most gifted student for chewing too loudly in the cafeteria.

Principal Faust: Disgusting monster. [Turns around with his head bending at 90° sideward; it goes back into place once he's faced Eda] This year, you can represent Hexside. Bring back a blue ribbon, and you can remain a student here. Come back empty-handed, and I will savor the expulsion.

[Eda's face scrunches] [to Bump; quickly] And you'll go with her! [walking away] If anything goes wrong, I might have to find a new vice principal.

[Cut to black. At the convention center, where IFWOT is being held, a line of people are waiting to get their badges, among them are Bump, who is reading a pamphlet, and Eda, looking bored.]

Young Eda: I can't believe I agreed to this.

Vice Principal Bump: This will be fine, perfectly fine. You can go five minutes without setting anything on fire, right?

[Scene cuts to Eda having summoned a small fire on her fingertip; upon seeing Bump looking at her, she quickly extinguishes the flame]

I know you have a reputation around school, but I just see a talented young witch. And I'll wager those stories about you turning the school inside out are just urban legends.

Young Eda: That was a fun day.

[Bump looks away annoyed then grabs something out of his pocket]
Let's try this. [he squishes a toy octopus] This is a stress toy. [he hands it to Eda who takes it] Anytime you feel the urge to cause chaos, just squeeze.

[Eda ends up squishes it too hard until it pops, surprising Bump; cut to the two walking towards the entrance of the center] Prepare yourself, Edalyn. The IFWOT is a battleground of magic and skill. Witches who successfully complete these courses have gone on to do incredible things. You will face some of the greatest competition here.

Young Eda: Hmph.

[Bump and Eda enter the center expectantly to find everything unexpectedly boring. One side of the IFWOT banner falls off.

A Coven Scout is testing the mic when it suddenly spins and ringing noises come out from it, causing him to cover his ears. One student from Glandus High gets a food from the snack bar and he tastes it, but immediately dislikes it.]

Glandus High student: Ugh!

[He looks around, and seeing no one, he leaves the food back in the bar and walks away shyly. Cut to two professors sitting on two chairs, both looking bored; one of them is about to drift off.

Cut to a weirded-out Eda and a not-so-surprised Bump.]

Wow. I grossly misjudged the tone here.

[The ground suddenly rumbles. Vines suddenly wrap the stage until it grows a stem and its head, which splits open. A much younger Terra Snapdragon appears from it. Everyone looks at her in wonder.]

Greetings, students, educators! My name is Terra Snapdragon, [bows] Head Witch of the Plant Coven! But today, I'm head proctor for the... [looks up, and sees the IFWOT banner, and looks at it with disdain] IFWOT? Seriously?