Echos of the past

Notes:

Yes I know I skipped a episode, due to the fact that Odalia needs to be thrown into a wood chipper
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Many years ago.

"What do you think he is?" Said a male voice.

"I don't know, but we can't leave him here." Said a female voice.

————————

present time,

Early morning, Luz stood over her parents snuggled together before banging pots and pans.
"WAKE UP! TIME FOR A MAGIC LESSON!

"Ahhh! I'm sorry uncle I broke your portal!" Oswald shot out of bed and ran towards the downstairs bathroom.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare dad." Luz sighs dropping the pot and pan.

It's not your fault kiddo.

"Hey mom, What did dad, mean by portal?"

"Well over 35 years ago. Eda explains. Oswald got angry with your great uncle belos due to a name change issue and accidentally broke his prototype portal, thus sending your dad into the human realm."

"That's how he got to the human realm!" Luz gasps in wonder.

"Yes now if you excuse me I'm going calm down your father with a lavender herb bath." Eda adds before walking out the bedroom door.

In the bathroom.

"Hey baby, your make up is washing off." Eda peeks in the bathroom noticing him wearing nothing but his black boxers, huddled in the tub shaking in fear trying to cover up his right face and back scars with baby powder.

"Our Luz is a innocent cinnamon roll and doesn't need to see theses."

_________________________

1 hour later.

Luz is studying and experimenting with glyphs in a notebook.]

Hmmm...[Luz starts drawing a glyph, but scribbles it out. She makes a frustrated grunt.

King dives through, tumbling books over.]
" Luz, I need your help! I think Francois is trying to start a rebellion!"

[to the couch, covered in King's plushies. Francois, his pale pink bunny, ( the only stuffed animal that has survived against owlet Luz ) is sitting in the center on a pillow. After a beat, a jagged dagger with a red gem on the hilt falls out from behind him.]

"In a minute, King. I'm getting so close to figuring out this glyph combo."

KING frowns. "It's always glyphs and portals with you these days. What about your best buddy King?"

"Why don't you ask Lilith for help? She was in the Emperor's Coven. She has more experience with unruly mobs than anyone." Luz suggested.

[Lilith is kneeling at the desk, extremely focused on drawing a glyph with a red paintbrush. She's bent over, eyes only a short distance from the paper. Her hair is messy and the whites of her eyes are huge, with tiny irises.] [giggling giddily] Watching the ink dry is the best part.