Witches duel

Notes:

3 hours to type this! Please enjoy this!
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Eda putting on her sunglasses and hat. "Gotta keep a low profile.
Luz questions. Is this cowl really necessary?

Why are we here again?

"Because king, Luz bribed us with a pancakes and eggs breakfast and Luz , Do you think all my wanted posters are for petty theft? Partly, But the big whammy is I disobeyed the law and refused to join a coven. If I'm seen, I could go to jail. Again only that time a dear friend of mine died breaking me out.

Willow nervously adds. Maybe this informative event will inspire you to join a coven.

Eda replies. Let's just get this over with.

Luz amazes with the scenery. "Whoa. It's just like a anime convention!"

Gus adds. Those are the main nine covens, but there are hundreds of other ones you can join.

Luz looking at the signs. Ooh, what's that?

Willow: That's the Construction Coven. One of the main nine. They use power glyphs to increase their strength.

"One of the best coven ever" gus saids exitedly.

Luz gasps. "Wow! Acceptance? Comradery? A sense of belonging? Covens sound incredible! M— I mean Eda, why haven't you ever joined one?

Eda shakes her head. "Watch closely, Luz. When you join a coven, all your other magic is sealed away. From now on, that kid will only be able to make illusions. Since I never joined a coven, I can do every kind of magic." That's why I'm the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles!

Meanwhile King is accepting gifts from people. "Are you bestowing gifts upon me? Yes! I accept your offering! The King of Demons is back!"

luz pets king while her eyes sparkle. That panel looks popular.

Gus gasps. It's the Emperor's Coven! Do you think they'll sign my forehead?

Willow replies. Only one way to find out!

Luz asked. Aren't you coming, Eda?

Eda shakes her head. "No way. Of all the covens, they're the worst. Innocent people have gotten themselves killed. I'll wait out here."

Luz: I get it, m- Eda , Covens: bad. Individualism: good. But I'm still figuring this world out, so I'm going to go in there and make up my own mind, okay?

"You sound like you're father sometimes." Edna laughs.

"My what!?" Luz gasps in shock.

Man #1: [to a guardian] I just saw her.
Edna overheard a conversation. Huh?

Man #1: She's over there. I think that's her!

Eda grabs Luz. Uh-oh. Luz, come on!

But my dad!

I'll tell you later kiddo!

"how did you manage to get recognized already" king whispers mock angry.

( audience chattering in the background )

Eda annoyed. All right, let's see this dumb mess.

[audience applauding, cheering]

Bump announces. "Hello, Bonesborough! Students ask me all the time, "Principal Bump, what's the height of magical achievement?"