Bad news

Notes:

( Sighs.) I know it's been a while but has anyone asked if Oswald is actually alive? Or did the emperor actually kill him?
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Moments later after Luz left, eda is knitting a cape while king is sleeping on the couch.

eda smiling to herself. "yeah, something tells me luz is gonna like having a cape"

king suddenly woke up. "cape? i thought you were making a cake."

eda question king. you thought i was knitting a cake?

king hoped off the couch. i, uh- anyway, if there's no cake then i have to get to work. ( king runs of to the kitchen and makes a lot of noise. ) would you look at us two being all generous to that kid. you know, when she first turned into a owlet beast, i thought she was gonna eat me.(loud sound) but now i only think of that, like,sometimes

eda walked over to the fallen picture to pick it up. eda looked at the picture of luz in a eating contest with a banner in the background that reads (finish or die)
"yeah, she changed the feel of this house. well she always had a good heart but was impatient, and always bit off more than she could chew. but despite all that, i think she's finally growing up."

________________________

At the field trip.

luz gets tapped on her shoulder which scares her, she turned around to see gus and willow standing there with gus performing a spell. "oh, guys, i, uh."

willow shows luz her own plans that she dropped "you were planning on taking the healing hat, weren't you?"

luz sighs. you got me, but you don.t understand. eda has this curse and it's zapping away her magic, and-

willow asks. luz, no matter what, you can't steal this hat.

gus adds. but you can borrow it.

willow looking irritated. "hey! i wanted to say that. we learned about eda's curse from your notes we're totally gonna help you."

luz lets out a sigh of relief. "thanks guys, I know exactly what we gotta do. it's time for a heist."

__________________

Few moments later, luz, willow and gus walking through the halls until they notice a guard walking down the stairs. willow quickly uses her making to make a nearby plant grow into the form of a unicorn. the three quickly hides behind it. the guard walked past but stops to fix the horn and walked away.

luz, willow and gus peeking out of a room to see a guard standing watch. after a few second they came out with a bad disguise and walked past the guard after waving and giving him a high five.
luz kneeling in front of the a triangle vent and uses a fire glyphs to melt the vent down.

lus, willow and gus walking to the end of the hall were at the corner is a guard. gus performed an illusion of kikimora which send the guard away. after which she performed a dance. willow and luz stare at gus who is having fun making the illusion dance.