Happy birthday luz

That morning before they left the human realm.

It was October 31, Nobody had wished luz a happy birthday, except camila which would be fine (not really),

Was it really that hard to remember a friend or a girlfriend's birthday? It wasn't like they were distant; no, they were all close. A tight pack of weirdos and love bugs.

Sighs to herself, she steps on the bus and heads to school.

Hours later.

Luz sighs as camila unlocked the door slowly and stepped into the room.

"Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday, happy birthday...?!"

She flicked the light on and jumped back, grabbing her chest.

Oswald stood towards the middle of the living room, wobbly smile in place. Amity stood next to him, head down and ears red as she clutched a wrapped gift to her chest. Vee held up her gift bag, Gus bounced in place, holding a panda teddy bear bigger than him up, blocking his face. Hunter grinned at him widely, large azura themed balloons in his hands.

"You said... that you guys were busy," Luz whispered, closing the door behind her and dropping her school bag on the floor. "I thought that you forgot."

She looked around the room, staring at the abundance of azura decorations. The cake in Oswald's hands was beautiful, pretty hues of blue swirling with purple and gold. On top, candles that said '15 were being lit. Luz name was written in beautiful calligraphy.

"How'd you find time to make a cake?" Luz asked, slowly walking towards the group. she could already feel the tears welling up behind her eyes.

"It's pretty, right?" Amity asked with a grin; Luz could feel tears falling.

Vee looked up then began to panic almost dropping her gift.

"Luz" Gus yelled, hands twitching where they were wrapped against the present. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

"Gus, I'm fine," Luz laughed wetly, patting Gus's head fondly. "I'm just really emotional today. You assholes had me thinking you didn't care enough to remember."

"Sorry," willow apologized. "It was Oswald's idea."

Oswald gave a thumbs up as he walked towards the couch and placed the cake on the table.

"What did you all get me?" Luz asked, leaning towards amity.

Oswald shook his head, nodding towards the candles.

"I'll give it to you once you blow out the candles. We have to sing to you first, though," Everyone cleared their throat. They all began to sing together.

"Qué los cumplas feliz
que los cumplas feliz
que los cumplas Luz!
que los cumplas feliz."

Spanish was, of course, not perfect. It was awkward as they all tried to sing it properly, but Luz smiled at the sight. They were trying and that's all that mattered.

Notes:

This is for you Dana ,I know you originally wanted to write a birthday episode for luz but season three got cut

Thank you for making this show possibly the best show ever!