Follies at the Coven Day Parade

Summary:

Unplug your Wi-Fi for spoilers because I don't want to hear complaints
Notes:

Welcome back owlets
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Few weeks later.

Scene opens with Luz recording herself using her phone.]

Luz: ¡Hola, mama! I know you don't want me staying in the Demon Realm, with my biological parents, but I'm recording this because I think we can find a middle ground. This is a world of magic and beauty. [points outside] Just look!

[Outside the Owl House, a skinless, skeletal Hooty is hanging out his skin to dry. Oswald is throwing a bucket of soapy water and then spraying the skin with a water hose. The camera zooms in on his face. Hooty growls at the camera, while Luz screams and stops recording.

Cut to Luz recording herself outside in Bonesborough.]

Luz: Well you should know, I'm even learning magic! [she activates a light glyph] And as a human, it impresses pretty much everyone.

[Boscha walks up from behind Luz and bumps into her. She accidentally stares into the light ball. She screams and coves her eyes.]

Boscha: [angrily] Human! If you ever do that again I will set your eyes on fire!

[Boscha forms a fire spell, causing Luz to cry out and stumble backwards.

_____________________

Cut to Luz recording herself inside Hexside.]

Luz chuckles nervously. Sure, the Demon Realm can be a little... [winces] But there's no safer place than Hexside School of Magic and Demonics, right Principal Bump?

Principal Bump: Hmm? [clears throat] Why yes. The well-being of our students is our top priority.Which is why we send all out troublemakers to our new and improved detention pit.

[Camera pans to the entrance to the Detention pit. A Hexside guard is dragging a student into the pit.]

Oracle student: Aah! Please, nooo!!!

[The door opens up, and the guard the throws the student inside.]

Oracle student: Help me.

.......That's enough of that. [she covers the lens with her hand]

_____________

[Outside the school building, Luz, Gus and Willow are sitting on the staircase.]

You know, I think he does it cause he's shy. He's just evil and shy. It happens.

I heard there's just a mirror underneath. [willow whispers] The real emperor was society all along.

Gus adds. Maybe he's so handsome people have a hard time focusing on what he says. I get it... I can relate. Luz! You've seen Belos up close. What's he like under... all that?

Luz shutters. Oh. I never got a good look.

[Amity suddenly appears beside Luz.]

I heard he's scarred from wild magic.

[Luz cries out in surprise and falls to the side.]

Luz: [sighs] Amity!

Amity: Hola, batata.

Luz: Did you just call me a sweet potato?

Yes! Is that... not a term of endearment? I'm still figuring out this human language book from Gus and your dad's free Spanish lessons."
[Amity shows Luz a cookbook titled "Mama Pura's Recipes".