Grudgby final

Luz learns fire spell
Chapter Text
[Back at the Owl House, with a makeshift grudgby field set up in front of it]

Hooty pops out of the ground. "You gals ready to hoot? We want a clean game here, so no magic allowed."

King cheering next to a scoreboard, dressed as a cheerleader. "Yes! Now I'll strike fear into my enemies with this armor of intimidation."

Eda laughs. "Yeah, intimidation armor. [To Lilith] Pushing paper all day might make you a little rusty. I'll try to go easy on you."

Lilith smirks. "Remember, dear little sister, you may have been star player, but I was team captain for a reason."

[Hooty blows the whistle, beginning the game]

_____________________

[Cut back to the Hexside grudgby field, Luz sitting on the bleachers. She repairs Willow's hair clip with a band-aid. Then Amity walks up to her]

Amity asks. Tough practice?

Luz sighs. "I pushed Willow and Gus too hard. It's just, I hate seeing Willow get picked on. She's one of the best friends I've ever had. Winning this game is the only way I know how to help."

Amity: Did you know, before Boscha, I was the grudgby team captain?

Luz: Really?

Amity sighs. "Well, once I left the team, I decided that was a part of my life I wanted to forget."

[flashback of Amity as captain of the Banshees]
We were playing Glandus High for the Island Championship. We had a move planned, and it was a good one. But, at the last minute, I decided I wanted to do something a bit flashier. I changed our game plan to... the Thorn Vault.

Luz gasps in amazement. "Good Witch Azura 2: Field of Deadly Fates! You watched it too?"

Amity sighs. "Uh, yeah. It went disastrously wrong. My teammates got hurt. All because I had an idea of how things should be. I pushed them to far."

[ present]

Amity sighs. "I never played again after that day." [Amity turns to Luz, their faces incredibly close. Amity stumbles back and falls, blushing heavily]

Luz: Ah! Sorry. [Helping Amity up] I just really love backstories.

_________

[Boscha and the Banshees wall onto the field]

Luz Putting something in Amity's hand. "I know what to do to make this up to Willow. Thanks." [She walks towards Boscha]

[Amity looks at her hand, revealing Willow's hair clip]

_____________________

Boscha announces. "It's after school. Where's the leader of the loser brigade?"

Luz: I'm here on her behalf. We forfeit.

Amity gasps.