Owl monsters part 2

Notes:

I was going to do this later but I'm going ahead and make the audience happy
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Hooty watching king playing with Owlet  Luz, having her chase a pen light in a circle.

If you're done playing already, give her a cursed elixir bottle and change her back!

What?

"Just do it and y'all can help Eda!" Hoot!

Fine. But after this you and I are going to have a talk. King said before giving Luz the potion and she slowly changed back into human form.

King: Luz?
Luz: King! Oh, I'm so glad you're safe.
King: What happen to you?

I don't know? I felt sick and the next thing I know I blacked out. Hey what's I‐I‐‐ What's that?

Well this stuff "Keeps the curse at bay." gasps" An elixir a day, keeps the curse at bay." King says eyes wide.

Luz gasps in realization. "Curse? Wait, what are you trying to say? I'm cursed? Since when I ever cursed?!"

I should have known I was wrong the whole time. That's no snaggleback. You became a baby owl beast!

Both turned around to hear low growling and saw a much larger owl beast. Grey, black feathers. Large teeth and claws.

"Crap! She probably heard your Helpless chirping and thought you were her baby!"

No it's Eda?!

( Eda growling tearing through a wall. )

King gasp in fear "it cant be Eda why is she like this?

Luz panics. "Oh, man. Did you see her eyes? They were like‐‐ [grrr ] What happened to her?"

King explains. Don't you see? The elixir I gave you doesn't give Eda  powers. It prevents her from turning into that thing. She's turned into a nightmare and it's all my fault. I'm so sorry, Luz. I‐I just wanted you to be into demons like you're into magic. I don't have many friends, and no one even pays that much attention to me. I thought maybe if I taught you, finally someone would care about creatures like me.

Luz replies. Well... let's finish the lesson.
King: Huh?

Luz comments nervously. "Eda turned into a owl beast demon just like me, and we need to save her. So who knows more about demons than the best teacher in the world?"

King giggling. "Let's see. She was bigger Than you, covered in grey feathers, and had giant black eyes. Demons with black eyes are usually sensitive to light. That's it. Light! Luz, use your human wonder rectangle."

Luz panics. "I can't. My camera's all blasted.

King thinks. Then... what about that light spell?

Luz: sighs in defeat. You saw me. I can't draw circles in the air. I'm not like Eda."

(Eda  on video] The spell circle is really...)

Luz gasps. There's a pattern in the spell circle.

King comments. What? Where?
Luz: It looks like this. There. [gasps as the light spell shines ] It's beautiful.