Mother and sons

Notes:

Hey guys I've got a lot of explaining to do
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
The moment stretched like an eternity. Oswald felt himself shaking slightly as he stepped forward.

"Mom? Owen.?" he managed to voice, barely above a whisper. Tears were forming in his eyes.

Her hands flew up to her mouth, covering it. Her eyes were wide in disbelief. She seemed frozen to the spot.

Oswald took another step forward.

"Mom... Mom, little brother it's me..."

Both stared at him with wide, stunned red brown eyes. After a long moment of tense stillness, she stepped towards him, watching him closely. She came within mere inches from him now. She pulled one arm away from her mouth, and it shook as it reached towards him, resting on his cheek, on his claw mark scar.

Oswald lowered his gaze, feeling powerless.

"My baby..." she whispered. Oswald's eyes shot back up to hers. Tears were streaming from hers now. "My dear I'm so sorry."

"We've looking everywhere for you." Owen adds.

And every emotion, every pain he had ever felt since he lost her, so long ago, seemed to jump upon him all at once. He gave a hard sob and threw his arms out, pulling his mother and brother to him, crying into her long brown graying hair. And he never wanted to let them go.

Behind him, everyone else was crying tears of joy.

_________

Everyone sitting in the kitchen, eating dinner and drinking tea.

suddenly luz breaks the silence. So your my real uncle Owen? Hello little owlet, you would think mother would have remembered giving birth to 3 sons not 2. Owen waves. That Golden Guard hunter is nothing more than a 16 year old teenage puppet to the emperor. You know it's funny I was going to name Owen, hunter but me and my husband didn't think it was fitting. Alice answered. Belos must have been warped Oswald's mind just like raine whispers to get closer of finding more wild witches. Luz asked again. So grandma?

Call me Alice.

Okay I'm been wondering how your human side of the family got to the boiling isles?

Well sorry for the graphic story ,but it started out in the 1600s In order to test whether or not a woman was a witch, people would perform a 'ducking'. This was throwing the 'witch' into a pond or river with their hands and feet tied. If they escaped, they were a witch. Alice comments. my great great grandma was unfortunately accused at 11 years old for prophesised a dark event.

That poor kid! King gasps.

Yes unfortunately women in my great great grandmother's village were often blamed for anything that went wrong within the village – from crop failures, to sudden deaths of farm animals and violent storms that caused damage and destruction. Alice adds on.

But I thought in school we were taught witches were burned at the stake? Luz asked.

No that was a myth. Alice spoke sadly. The Salem witch trials as everyone called it, everyone who was judged as a witch was hanged or drowned.....my great great grandma however didn't drown instead she woke up in a unfamiliar place called eclipse lake, surrounded by a tribe of wild witches who welcomed her to live with them.

"I'm guessing it was the Titian's blood that transported her to our world." Eda adds with confidence.

I'm guessing she later fell in love with a wild witch? Luz squealed.

Yes to both. Alice smiles. Years later she and her husband raised a family but one day Philip Wittebane and his companions showed up to befriend our tribe, announcing he was working on making a portal to the human world and the last ingredient was......titan's blood, the elders warned him to stay away from eclipse lake, but he was too determined, his friends payed the price.

Notes:

Fun fact and sorry readers for the confusion between my idea of hunter and Oswald being siblings. Was talking about the real Owen not hunter the 16 year old brat like Alice said.