Keeping Up A-fear-ances part 2

Damn you internet for issues
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Hello Gwendolyn.

"Oh I see you're still calling me that." Gwendolyn frowns.

Hi. Oswald adds tries to make conversation.

"Oh it's the freak again, it's almost 15 years since you disappeared and your still alive." Gwendolyn frowns at Oswald before turning to eda.

"Mother your here!" Lilith is surprised to see her by yanking open the window and walking out the door to greet their mother but apparently Gwendolyn is more interested in talking to Eda.

Gwendolyn then announces to the group. "Well after thirty years, I have found a way to cure edalyn's curse.

"Nope, it's nice to see you but I've got plans. "Eda declines and sends her away on her own eagle palismen, much to Oswald's happiness, Luz and Lilith's shock.

Luz/ Lilith: Why did you do that!?

Eda explains. "Oh please Gwendolyn comes around every year toting a new cure for my owl beast curse, and none of them have ever worked, so I gave up hoping."

"But you shot my chance to meet my biological grandma!"Luz exclaimed sadly.

"Kiddo trust us, she's nothing but trouble." Oswald adds.

This shocks Lilith, as she hasn't seen her mother in years. "Mother visits Edalyn...regularly!?"

1 hour later.

Luz secretly wondering off wanting to help Eda, because she believes her mother is being stubborn, goes to Gwendolyn. "Hey I wanted to offer my help to cure Eda's curse."

Oh your?

"I'm eda's human apprentice!" Luz half lies. "I'm trying to figure out how to get back to the human realm?"

Gwendolyn is delighted. "Okay and in return, I will offer to tell you how you can find a way home."

____________________

30 minutes later.

Luz and Gwendolyn venture deep into the woods to meet a curse expert. On the way, Gwendolyn explains that, after years of dealing with the Healing Coven, she decided to find help from other sources, eventually finding someone who promised her a cure. His name is Master Wortlop, a travelling curse expert who has perfected next level healing magic.

Gwendolyn leads Luz to the place where he is hiding in a secret cave, where they witness him healing a small gremlin-like creature's eye infection. Gwendolyn comes forward and presents Wortlop with sacred items he asked her to get, a copper egg from the snowy rib cage, a silver dagger from the swampy toes, and a golden chalice from the desert of palm stings.

Wortlop rewards Gwendolyn with a tome that is believed to hold the cure she seeks, but she is soon advised not to share it with non-believers.

_____________________________

Meanwhile, as brown feathers flying, Oswald is trying to recreate a anniversary dinner for him and eda again. "Damn it Gwendolyn showing up and interrupting everything!"