First day of hexside

Notes:

One of my favorite top episodes
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
I'm not ready for this Eda, maybe we should go back.

Eda assures Luz. "Nah kid, you got this, just do what we practiced!"

Luz panics. "But what if I mess something up? Or what if I do something wrong? What if I die or destroy something?"

Eda adds. "Hey. Calm down, calm down. I had to do the same thing when I was a witchling. It's like a rite of passage. Granted, I was a little more skilled and your father was cheering me on through a nearby window.

Luz: Eda!

Eda: Right, right. Sorry, sorry. Now, get pumped.

Luz: Pumped!

Eda: Get ready.

Luz: Ready!

Now, go! *Eda pushes Luz onto the stage, reading "Hexside School Entrance Exams"*

Luz announces. "From the humblest of beginnings, a hero will rise. I have traveled from another realm and trained with a powerful witch to master dark and forbidden magic. I am... Luz Noceda!" *throws Confetti!*

( a few students cheer and clap, small coughs in the background)

Principal Bump adds. "Right...the human girl that wants to be a witch. Against my better judgement, I've allowed you to take this exam into Hexside. But can you even do magic with all your... human parts?"

Luz comments. I sure can. It's said that humans can't do magic, but I've discovered a lost technique that changes everything.

Principal Bump wonders. "Hmm? Spells cast with paper? I've never heard of such a thing. But is it enough to pass the exam?"

Luz looking at eda for reassurance. Uhh...

Eda: Improvise. Kiddo.

Luz nervously explains. "Um, I can do other things, what about... this? *Luz pops inner eyelids out on top of her eyeballs* Ow ow, eyelash! eyelash! *Luz trips and falls on Principal Bump* Sorry, sorry! *Luz places her hand on a glyph, creating an ice pillar* I failed didn't I?"

gus and willow look at luz trying not to laugh "nah yo-you were great" willow mangaes stifling a giggle

Principal Bump said. "Believe it or not, I've seen worse. Welcome, Luz, to Hexside School of Magic and Demonics!"

Luz *weakly* Hurray.

_________________________________

The next morning.

Luz gasps gripping on owlbert. "Mmm, we gotta go back. This was a mistake! "I'm gonna mess things up again and everyone will see, and-

Eda asked. Right, you gotta calm down. What are you nervous about? You've been to school before.

Luz explains sadly. "That's why I'm nervous! At my human school, I didn't make a good first impression. This is a chance to be seen as something other than a screw-up."