Chapter 3, "Lunch Date"

"But Kara has chosen," I sighed.

"What are you talking about," Zayn asked.

"Long story..."

"I'm listening," he said pausing the movie.

"Zayn turn back on the movie please."

"No."

"Zaynnnnn," I sighed.

"What has Kara chosen?"

"Nothing," I lied.

"Stop. We talk to each other about everything so I know when you're lying. If you didn't want to have this conversation you shouldn't have blurted anything out."

"Mhm," I nodded only making him more frustrated.

I was just thinking about something and it came to me that I actually did chose somebody. Zayn. But what if he hasn't chosen me? I'm not about to look stupid.

But also holding on to my feelings isn't going to do nobody any good.

"How do you feel about me?" I asked.

"I asked you first."

"I asked you second."

"Zaynnnn," I huffed.

"Why after all this time you ask me that?"

"Because I want to know," I shrugged.

"There's more to the story, so why now?"

"Dude literally forget I asked," I laughed.

"No."

This guy is so freaking stubborn!

"We've known each other 9 years, we've never talked about this.... instead of putting it off for another year, now is the time."

"I know," he sighed.

"Do you remember when I was 16 and I was drunk and we we're in you guys' kitchen and I kept questioning you about why you didn't like me?"

"Of course, you were about to let me..."

"No," I interrupted.

"Anyways.. yeah I remember," he smiled.

"So fast forward all these years, how do you feel about me now?"

"If you tell me first then I'll tell you," he shrugged.

I wanted him to go first but I knew he wasn't going to and this conversation wasn't going to get anywhere so I..

"I am...um... well you're like my best friend...."

"Okay," he chuckled.

"But I have thought about us in other ways and you sleeping with other people bothers me. I know we put aside the trying things romantically because of how life was going at the time but I still have those same feelings for you that I did before...."

"Interesting," he nodded.

"Every since that day when we were in the kitchen, being around you does something to me and you being my best friend has only made me realize how much I actually like well... love you...." I rambled.

"Wow, this is wow.."

Wow? Fucking wow? That's what he has to say after all of that. And this ladies and gentlemen is why I don't pour out my heart to anyone.

"So?"

"Okay," he smiled.

"Okay?..."

"Okay," he nodded.