Chapter 21, "Fuck the fuck off."

2 weeks later....

Zayn's POV

It's been about two weeks since lives were changed but honestly our lives will never be the same, meaning just Kara and I.

I know she'll never be her self again but a lot has changed. She dresses a lot different now too like I haven't seen her in any form of bottoms besides sweats. She even wears them to bed. Everything she wears is now oversized.

It's not a problem or anything but I don't think she's comfortable in her own skin which has me worrying about her day and night.

"How you feeling about today?" I questioned.

"I don't really want to dance anymore," she sighed.

"But you love it."

"Not anymore, I don't know," she shrugged. "I'm not going to give up on the girls though."

"But why would you do something you don't want to?"

"First of all there's a lot of things that happen that I have no control over so I have no choice but to deal with it."

"Sorry," I frowned.

"I'll text you to let you know I'm safe," she said, pulling her hood up and walking out the door.

Yep, it's pretty much been like this for the last week. I don't want to bring it up and make a big deal out of it because we're both still hurt so I just don't bother.

Jayda has been coming over and checking on her every day and everyone's here for us but it's still so freaking hard.

I'm trying to be the best person I can be for her but it's kind of hard when she has a barrier built up so I kind of have to just roll with it.

I decided to skip the studio today and just stay home and pack. Never did I expect to be doing this but somebody has to.

Kara's POV

Before I headed to my dance studio I stopped at a gas station to get some Alieve. I don't know why I have a freaking headache but I do and it needs to go away.

Of course I'm stupid and I forgot about the cameras and publicity that comes with this life. So yeah.. they spotted me instantly..

"Kara? Are you okay? How are you doing?"

"Is it true?"

"Are you hiding your pregnancy or are the rumors true?"

What? Hiding my pregnancy. Lol.

"Kara where's Zayn?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Has it been hard?"

"What's it like? We hope you're doing okay..."

"Can you issue a statement to the public please?"

I grabbed the medicine and paid at the counter, so many questions and statements with no actual compassion.

I walked out the door and a couple people were still following and bothering me.

"You seem okay to me," someone said causing me to stop in my tracks and turn around.

"Fuck off," I grinned, throwing the bird. "Fuck the fuck off."

I walked back to my truck and drove off. You seem okay to me, like what? You lose a baby and tell me how it feels is what I wanted to say but that's disrespectful.

I turned on the Midnight Memories album and cried all the way to the dance studio. A distraction is calling my name.

When I pulled up, I stopped to check my phone and it was the usual, messages from people.

From Colson: "I'm not going to lie and tell you it's alright, you're gonna cry and baby that's alright"... see how my lyrics relate to you?

From Colson: No kizzap tho I'm still praying for you, stay strong 🤍.

From Jayda: Hey sis, I know it's hard but I'm just checking in and letting you know I'm still here.

From Mama: Wyd?

From Niall: Just checking in..

From: Maya: Hi baby girl, are you feeling any better?

From Pete: Yoooo, I miss you and I was thinking about you on set. I hope you're doing well, all respect goes out to you and Zayn... 💯

From Tom: How are you today darling?

From Manny: Just checking in sis....

I responded to everyone before going in and seeing the girls already warming up. They ran up to me giving me warm and friendly hugs.

So sweet..

"Okay let's get started," I said, standing in position.

"You're not going to change into dance attire?" one of the girls asked.

"Nope, I'm good, let's go..." I said. "And a 5, 6, 5,6, 7,8."

Zayn's POV

I was on my last couple of boxes when my phone started ringing.

"Harry? What's up?"

"Hey how are you today?"

"I'm living," I half chuckled.

"Haha I know, I'm about to send you something so check your phone."

I awaited the message and clicked on the link he had sent.

Click to see Kara Stevens seen in public after miscarriage, telling paps to "Fuck the fuck off". Image below!!

"Oh fuck," I sighed.

"She's still you know being distant?"

"Yeah, but this has to stop. I don't want her ruining herself so I'm going to talk to her tonight."

"That's good, wait where are you?"

"At home packing," I laughed.

"What? Seriously? To whom am I speaking to?" Harry mocked.

"I know, I know but hey I'm almost done."

"Good, the sooner we're all under one roof the better."

"No doubt," I agreed. "Well I'll call you later and let you know how things went."

"Okay love you man."

"Love you too," I said, hanging up the phone.

Kara's POV

The girls got more done than I expected today and I was a little proud. This is exactly what I needed, and here I was thinking I didn't want to do it.

"Okay good job today girls, you're dismissed," I clapped.

"Good job to you too Coach Stevens," Anne smiled.

"Aw that was sweet, thank you," I smiled before walking to the back.

Kim followed taking a seat in our office.

"So whats next for them?" I asked.

"We're not about to talk about work right now," she smiled. "So table this."

"Uhhh we can't do that."

"You're the boss, you can do anything you want and I'm your friend, therefore I'm telling you let's table this."

"Okay," I sighed.

"So let's talk shall we?" She smiled?