Chapter 89, "Soon"

Kara's POV

"Harry who is it?" I asked again for what seemed like the millionth time.

The phone slowly fell out of his hand as he face stayed the same, frozen. Who was that on the other end? Was it about Jayda because this dude is in literal shock.

"Harry?" Zayn called out, "Har what's wrong?"

Everyone's faces scanned him as he started to show slight movements in the eyes. After a few blinks he slowly turned around to fully face us and mumbled out the word 'Jayda' .

"What about her?" Louis asked, taking a step closer to him.

"C-car a—accident- um— m-maybe d-d-dead," he staggered out.

My heart dropped and my body immediately went limb, falling into Zayn. I wasn't the only one, Louis' eyes had a streaming River going down them as he shook his head chanting the word 'no'.

"We should- um....guys let's go to the hospital," Zayn coughed, trying to fight back his emotions as he rubbed my back.

My mind shifted to the worse and I could only imagine seeing her lay there lifeless. I can't see that. How the fuck am I supposed to... Harry- Louis- the kids- the baby- Me! What about me?!

"He said we should say our goodbyes so let's go do that," Harry coughed, immediately grabbing his keys and heading for the door.

"Harry but-"

"Don't!" he snapped halting a finger to my face, "We'll say our goodbyes if necessary. I don't want to talk about it."

"But-"

"Kara it's okay," Louis nodded pulling me away from Zayn and into his arms. He needed this hug more than me but I appreciated the cry we had together as we held one another walking to the car.

Harry drove with Zayn and I hopped in with Louis, Eleanor, Niall, and Amelia while Liam and Maya drove with the kids. They were going to take them to Mama Twists' house then come to the hospital with the rest of us.

The whole ride to the hospital it was this turning twist in my stomach that I couldn't shake. Everything felt so bad and this can't be our luck, after everything this can't be our luck. Why did we let Jayda leave the house by herself, god why didn't I go with her?

Car accidents happen all the time but not for us. Why is she the unlucky one all the time? Why? Why? Why?

I cried a little harder causing Louis' grip to tighten around my shoulder. I could feel his heart exploding in his chest which only made me weep even more. Who's going to be there for him and Harry? I know I'm going to fall apart but they're going to definitely go through it.

God why?

Actually no, there's no god why!

It's 'GOD WHY THE FUCKKK'

The hospital ride felt like the longest ride of my life and I've been on plenty of planes and rollercoasters. As soon as we parked, there was a moment of silence that filled the air. The car ride was already quiet minus the crying but this time around it was just pure air flowing around.

"It'll be alright, she's okay," Niall finally broke the silence. Louis didn't even bother looking in his direction instead he kept his head straight forward.

"Is she?" I sniffed, "How do you know?"

"Kara...." Amelia began.

"No, tell me I won't go in this hospital and find my sister dead! Tell me that and then it'll be okay!" I yelled over my crying.