Chapter 55, "Mama"

Zayn's POV

I woke up extra early to go pick up Kara's mom from the airport. Kara was still knocked out so I just let her sleep and plus I needed to talk to her mama alone. So yeah she's going to spend the day with us while she's in London and she's back off tomorrow.

When I arrived, her flight had just landed so I waited about ten minutes before I saw her step out of the plane. She never surprised me by wearing boots with almost every outfit she wore.

"Hey mama," I greeted.

"Hey love," she smiled.

But that comes with son..

"Ready to see your crazy daughter?" I smiled, grabbing her bag.

"Nope, I'm ready to see this beautiful house of y'all's," she answered bluntly.

I shook my head and laughed. Kara would probably scowl at me if she heard me laughing at her mother's joke but Kara isn't here is she?

On the drive back to the house I was showing Mama B some of the buildings and some nice places to eat. She said I could take her to all of them as long as I'm the one who comes and gets her from America, lol.

"So," I sighed.

"What's on your mind son?"

Told ya..

"Do you think Kara will marry me?"

"She better," she said, turning her neck, "What's wrong? Is the proposal off?"

"No nothing like that," I assured.

"C'mon Zayn, I need words."

"Right.....I don't know," I shrugged, "I know she loves me and I can't wait to have our son in our hands but I'm always thinking there's someone better or we won't last. I don't know."

"Ima tell you like I tell Kara, stop doubting your relationship all the time," she sighed, "Zayn how many years?"

"How many years what?"

"Have you and Kara been friends, without ever admitting you really was in love."

"Too many to count," I chuckled.

"Exactly. My child would be a damn fool if she didn't marry you Zayn but she isn't a fool and she loves you more than she ever loved anybody else, so do I think she'll marry you? Yes son, I do."

"Thanks, I just think I needed some clarity. I'm always in my head about her because she truly is my life."

"And she knows that, which is why you need to stop stressing yourself out. You know I worry about you and your health Zayn."

"I'm sorry mama, I got you," I nodded.

"Yeah," she smiled.

We pulled up the driveway about 4 minutes later and Mama B's eyes lit up in amazement.

"All these damn vehicles," she said, getting out and looking around.

"Yep, the family surprised us with the blue corvette on Christmas Eve and Kara got Niall a golf cart.... um.. she got me a motorcycle and a dirt bike. Jayda got Harry a motorcycle, Eleanor got Jayda a car... it's a lot mama," I said, tired of trying to remember who got who what.

"Rich people shit," she said, shaking her head.

We went in the house and everyone greeted her lovingly except Kara who just gave a hug. She acted like it's as no big deal but we all know she misses her mommy.