Chapter 14, "I want this"

I walked through the door and Kara's cars were here so I'm assuming she is also.

The house was dark throughout even our bedroom but there she was, laying in the silence.

"I will leave. I know you don't want this so I'll go Zayn," she said in her crying voice.

"Kara... I don't want you to go."

"But you also don't want this baby."

I removed my coat and sat on the bed not responding to her. It wasn't because what she said was true, I just don't know how to say this is the best day of my life.

I've never had one of those...

"I don't know what else you want from me. I've been at your side for how many years and I'm still not enough," she cried.

"That's not true."

"But it is and it's fine. Zayn you are all I think about. I don't want to be with anyone else but I'm having this baby so if that means I have to leave you to do it then fine."

"I want you to have it," I smiled.

"Wait what?" she said raising up.

"Kara I don't know why you said all that. But do you realize you're making me a father?"

"So you want this? And I'm just tripping about today?" She asked still in confusion.

"Yes I want this. Our baby. And you weren't tripping about today, I was pissed at the whole Machine Gun Kelly thing but that's not even important right now."

A smile played across her face.

"You're literally the love of my life and I should've reacted better. My mind eats away at me and I react badly and for that I'm sorry. You deserve way better than me and I get in my head about you leaving me one day," I sighed. "I'm so sorry baby."

"I would never leave you, ever," she cried. "You're the love of my life too. I waited for you and now I have you. I would never give that up for anyone."

"Yeah?" I smiled.

"Colson tried to kiss me today and I told him I loved you," she admitted. "Even when we're going through something I wouldn't dare do something with anyone else Zayn."

"I'm going to kill him and we'll definitely talk about this later but come here," I motioned.

She came down and sat beside me on the edge of the bed. I wrapped one arm around her with the other one on her belly.

"We'll get through this," she assured.

"I know we will because I'll never leave your side. You are my life and beyond that," I smiled.

"So are you," she kissed.

"Baby you're crying," she said softly.

"No you are," I lied, wiping away her tears.

"I love you Zayn, it's always been you."

"I love you Kara and it will forever be you."

I held her for the rest of the night as we got cozy and fell asleep.

The next morning....

I woke up early to order Kara breakfast. I really didn't want to cook and ruin her and my baby's appetite so I went with my first mind.

She soon walked in the kitchen as I was about to fix the plates.

"Ouu daddy what's this?" she smiled.