Chapter Thirty - "We're Engaged!"

"Phil's POV"

"Good morning" Dan greets me, sleepily. "I just texted my Mum to tell her the news" I say to Dan as he comes and sits down next to me on the lounge. I wrap the blanket over him too and switch the TV on.

"Oh yeah, I'd better do that too actually" Dan laughs as he pulls out his phone. "Has she replied yet?" Dan asks just as my phone vibrates. "Yep, just now" I tell him. I read the message out aloud. "Congratulations you two! My boy is really growing up! I can't wait to attend the wedding. You guys enjoy yourself until then! xx" I blush and Dan kisses me on the cheek. "That's really sweet of your Mum" Dan half laughs. His phone vibrates and lighs up on the arm of the lounge, falling off in all of its comotion. "Oh, Mum's ringing me" Dan says as he reaches for the phone off the ground and presses it to his ear.

"Hello-" Dan is cut off by his Mum screaming through the phone in an excited tone. He pulls the phone away from his ear and tries calming her down. "Mum, Mum please just-" but it doesn't seem to work. "OH MY GOD DANIEL, I'M THE HAPPIEST MUM ON THE PLANET!" She yells loud enough that even the people in the apartment next door would be able hear. I'm surpirised Dan's phone didn't explode into a million tiny little pieces. Dan puts the phone on loud speaker after he settles his Mum down so we can both hear her.

"Have you decided when you are having the wedding- where your having it at? Have you told Phil's Mum yet? What did she say? What about Adrian? Have you told him? One sec- ADRIAN!" She fires so many questions at us all at once. She's just so excited, which is sweet.

"Hey Dan, me and Cassie knew you guys would figure it out" Adrian chimes through the phone. I have not heard Adrian speak in years, he almost sounds foreign to me. The last time I saw Adrian was when he and Dan's Mum came around to the apartment when we first moved in together in London. He would have only been like 14 or something. Wow, Dan needs to take me with him the next time he visits.

"Hey Adrian, how is Cassie?" Dan asks causually. "I'm good" A woman's voice, I assume belongs to Cassie, rings through the phone. "Well that's good then, is Chloe alright? I need to give her a call later actually" Dan says. Dan still hasn't told me about what he got up to on his adventure to his Mum's but I'm sure he will eventually.

The conversation drags on for a while, just Dan discussing family things and all of that sort of stuff before finally, ending the call. "Geez, Mum can talk" Dan says, raising from the couch. "She asks a lot of questions too" I add, laughing.

"Yeah, when are we going to have the wedding anyways? I know we literally got engaged like two days ago now but still" Dan asks in an excited tone. I give it some thought. "Well I don't want it to look too desperate, we can't have it like next week" I laugh as Dan shakes his head no.

"It's currently May, so why not November? That's 6 months right?" Dan eagerly suggests. "That's not a lot of time to get everything sorted properly Dan" I say hesitantly. "We need to send out invitations, write vows, book a venue, buy suits, book out a hotel so everyone has somewhere to stay, we have to sort out catering-" I go insane over everything that needs to be done in order for this to be perfect.

"Phil, there's no need to be some kind of 'bride-zilla' over it, it will all work out fine, we have 6 months, plenty of time" Dan reassures me. I calm down and stop worrying, he's probably right.

"We should write a guest list today though, just as a start" I suggest. Dan nods and leaves the room for a few minutes. He returns with a notepad, a couple of pens and some Oreos.

"Let's do it now then" he says, placing them all on the table as I get up. We sit down next to each other, both with a pen each.

"Well let's discuss then" I say to Dan. "Okay, well our parents, siblings, all family" Dan starts off, writing them all down.