Chapter Twenty-Four - "We Are Here in 'Merica"

"Dan's POV"

It's was an early start. We were out of the house by 4:30am, and got to the airport by 5:30am. We have been sitting in these uncomfortable chairs for over an hour now. Phil leans his head against my shoulder as we wait for the plane. He was tossing and turning last night, probably out of excitement, so I better let him get as much rest as he can.

In little over half an hour later, we are boarding the plane, hand in hand. We walk past all the aisles until we finally reach our seat and I let Phil sit down first. As we get comfortable, Phil leans his head against my shoulder again and clings softly to my arm.

"I can't wait until we get there Dan, it's going to be so much fun" Phil says quietly so only I can hear. I hum and nod rubbing through his hair with my hand.
"Me neither" I say, kissing the top of his head.

"Just another 10 hours of this fun plane ride to go" Phil says, shutting his eyes. I decide to try and get some sleep too.

********

I am shaken awake by turbulence and the sound of Phil's voice.

"Dan! Psst, Dan! We are there" Phil says. I rub my eyes and look out the window just as the plane touches the ground. All of the old memories start to flood in as I watch the palm trees and the runway fly past me. Phil looks more excited than ever and is practically jumping out of his seat.

"I just want to get off this plane and be at the hotel with you, I wish they'd hurry up and let us off" he chuckles as we are finally allowed to move from the plane. Phil holds onto my hand again as we walk off of the plane and I smile. I spot two girls staring and pointing at us as we reach inside the airport, one has dark brown curly hair half way down her back and the other light brown wavy hair, extending just past the bottom of her shoulder blades. They look about 17 and one of them waves at us, gesturing us to come to them. I let go of Phil's hand, hoping that they didn't see because I was unsure if I wanted to tell the world about us just yet.

"You two are so cute" the one with wavy hair says to us, laughing and blushing. Uh oh, they saw.

"Yeah Dan, I knew there was something between ya" the one with curly hair smiles at us. Shit shit shit shit shit. Phil doesn't look to unhappy about the situation, maybe he is okay with everyone knowing. I look at Phil in the eyes and smile and he blushes.

"Thank you ladies, I'm so glad I finally realised that for myself" Phil says smiling at them both and making me violently blush. The both awwh together and the one with wavy hair squeals. They both laugh and hug each other.

"So can we... uh... get some selfies with you? I mean we aren't holding you up or anything right?" The curly haired girl asks. Myself and Phil both shake our heads at the same time.

"No no, it's fine" I say, taking the wavy haired one's iPhone from her hands. We all pull a few different faces, serious, smiling, stupid, scared, until I think it's enough, handing the phone back.

"So we probably should have asked before, but what were your names?" Phil asks. The girls both smile looking slightly embarrassed that we don't even know their names.

I'm Gabbie, and this is Ellie" the curly haired girl says cheerily. Phil and I bring them in for hugs and say that they were nice and thanked them for watching our videos.

We said our goodbyes to Gabbie and Ellie and then we were off again, out of the airport. It's always nice to meet fans of ours, they are always so nice and supportive about everything thing we do.

After we collect our luggage, it doesn't take long for Phil to flag down a taxi outside. We hop inside, telling the driver the location and sit back to enjoy the ride, looking at all the passing buildings and people.

"Phil's POV"

We are almost there, we are almost there at the hotel, I can wait this is going to be great. I can feel the smile beaming from my face in excitement. As we pull up to the gutter and Dan pays the taxi man the fee, I frantically remove myself from the car and grab out our luggage from the boot. I can hear Dan laughing as he thanks the man and the here we are. Standing in front of our hotel.

"Well what are you gawking at? Let's get in to our room already!" Dan says, pulling me playfully by the arm towards the door. Dan sorts out all the talking with the receptionists, and within a few minutes, we are in the elevator making our way up to the eighth floor.

"Well this is quite fancy" Dan says as the elevator doors open to reveal a modern but royal looking hallway.

"Wait until we see our room" I say running out of the elevator and up the hall. "Number 432 Phil!" Dan shouts at me and I stick my thumb up stopping in front of a door right at the other end from him. "I found it!" I shout back. Dan picks up his pace walking very fast for his usual speed but he makes it to the door in no time.

"Would you like to do the honors?" Dan asks handing me the room key card for the door. I excitedly nod and swipe the card down the door handle frame and it clicks. I hand the cars back to Dan and push the door open.

"This is just... amazing" Dan says, hush mouth wide open in amazement.

"It really is, isn't it?" I say before walking straight over to the bed to try it out. As my head hits it, I am instantly reminded of the cosy-ness and warmth a hotel bed brings, and the smell of Florida.

"This week is going to be great" I tell Dan as he comes and lays down beside me. "I can't wait to spend it all with you" Dan says, kissing me passionately and slowly on the lips.