Chapter Twenty-Three - "Oh The Joys of Packing

"Dan's POV"

It's 3am. I try to remove myself from underneath Phil without waking him. It doesn't work and I watch as his ocean filled eyes adjust and affix onto mine.

"Where are you going Dan? It's 3 in the morning and I was comfortable" Phil huffs at me. I smile and bend down to quickly kiss him on the lips.

"Well?" He asks. I shrug.

"I just can't sleep. I've been awake for a couple of hours now, I guess I'm just getting excited about the trip" I say. Phil nods and stretches out across the lounge before sitting up. "Me too" he says after a while.

I watch Phil as he raises from the lounge and walks over towards the door, gesturing me to follow. We both walk down the hallway to my room and Phil sits down at the piano.

"At 3 in the morning?" I ask him as he opens the lid. He smiles at me whilst shaking his head up and down. "But Phillll, remember the neighbours?" I say and his expression drops. I can't say no to the adorable face he is pulling right now.

"Ugh" I say whilst a smile creeps on my face. "You're lucky I love you" I say pulling the seat from my desk across next to him. When I sit down and get comfortable, Phil kisses me on the cheek whispering "Thanks Dan" as he leans against my shoulder.

I haven't practised piano in ages. It reminded me too much of old memories with Phil so I guess I just slowly forgot about it. I stretch out my fingers and play a couple of random chords to check if it's still in tune. It sounds slightly off but I'm sure Phil won't notice. I begin playing and the room is filled with soft sounding music.

"Phil's POV"

I close my eyes and just listen to the music as it flows into my ears. It's so beautiful to sit here and listen to Dan play. This is one of the many reasons why I love this man. The tune becomes familiar to me and I remember hearing it on a Final Fantasy game. I start to hum along to it quietly as Dan progresses through the song. He doesn't even miss a note. He turns to face me when he is done, his face asking for approval. I nod, kissing him on the lips.

"Perfect" I whisper before pulling him out of the chair and over to the bed. I pull the covers back and slide in, gesturing Dan to join me. He cuddles up against me, wrapping both arms around me, kissing me lightly on my temple. I flinch slightly, his lips cold to my touch. He fixes my hair playing with a few strands before whispering "We'd better get some sleep then." He makes himself comfortable before kissing me once more on the lips. He mouths the words 'I love you' before closing his eyes.

"I love you too... So much" I whisper before closing my eyes to sleep.

*******

I wake in the morning to find the bed empty. I spot a note on the bed-side table and don't hesitate to read it.

'Just gone out for a few hours, I need to do some things, run some errands, buy a couple of things, that sort of stuff. Don't miss me too much!

Dan xx

P.S: I took the car, I hope you don't mind :)'

I thought we were going to do that together. I look at the time, 12:45pm. Well I guess the trip is tomorrow. He probably didn't want to wake me. I shrug it off and go out to the kitchen to find something to eat.

"Dan's POV"

The crowded London streets and busy roadways make it frustrating to navigate around the city. There are just too many people. Is there an apocalypse I wasn't told about? With all of the commotion I am reminded why I don't come downtown very often.