Chapter Twenty-Five - "It's Not Happening, It Can't Be Real, Nope"

"Phil's POV"

I wake in the morning to Dan trudging around; the comforting aroma of roasted coffee beans wafting around the room, fills my nostrils with a burning pleasure.

"Good morning," Dan says leaning in, "you cute little dork" he mumbles against my lips, smiling into the kiss.

"Morning Dan" I say, wiping the sleep out of my eyes as he pulls away.

"How did you sleep?" He asks, his tone curious as he sits down on the bed next to where I am laying.

"It was perfect, with you" I say shying away. I can feel my cheeks heat up instantly as the words leave my mouth. Dan shakes his head, laughing at me and smiling.

"Only you Phil" he says kissing me on the forehead, still smiling like the massive idiot he is. My idiot.

"Well I made you some coffee, I'm just going to go have a shower" Dan says, lifting himself off of the bed. Just as I nod to acknowledge him, my phone starts vibrating like crazy.

I lift it up from the bedside table to see the caller ID. No, why now? I hesitate about answering for a few seconds before swiping my finger across the screen. It can't be that bad.

"Hello?" I say annoyed. I can hear my voice echo on the other end. Great, I'm on loud speaker.

"Phil, can we please talk?" No Milly we can't. I sigh before bringing myself to let words out of my mouth.

Dan still hasn't left the room. He keeps mouthing the words "who is it" across the room at me, but I gesture him to wait and to go have his shower. He pouts at me but goes on his way, gesturing that he's watching me playfully, making me smile before I return myself to the phone call.

"I suppose so, what is it?" I say. What is going to be her excuse this time I wonder.

"Phil this probably isn't what you want to hear at all" she begins, I can hear her voice getting bubbly. So many outcomes run through my head at once, filling my brain with worry and stress.

"Just say it" I tell her, waiting and ready for anything that she could possibly tell me right now.

"Phil, I went to the doctor's yesterday for my monthly check up, you know the usual-"

"I'm not going to sit here and listen to every little detail about your week Milly, please just tell me what you have to say" I'm getting annoyed at her petty jokes and play along tantrums. I get up off of the bed and walk over to where my cup of coffee is sitting, taking a sip and holding it in my hand.

"Look Phil, this is important- Phil- I don't know how else to say this- well there is no other way- Phil... I'm pregnant and it's been tested; it's yours" the words echo through every inch on my skin, bouncing off of the walls of my brain, sending shivers down my spine. The words "it's yours" repeat itself through my mind over and over again like a broken record.

"I don't want this in my life Phil, I love you-loved you, but I can't raise our child when all I want to do is forget about you and move on with Logan. This was a massive shock to me too Phil, I cried for two days straight. I was even thinking of abortion but I couldn't do that to you. When it's born I'm putting it up for adoption unless you want it but-ahh- I don't know.." Milly's explanation fires up my emotions, sending them wild.

My coffee cup smashes on the tiles beneath me, as I drop to the ground too. This can't be happening, this can't be happening. I curl myself up into a ball as I start to sob.

"I'm so sorry Phil" Milly barely whispers through the phone before hanging up. I let the phone drop from my hand and watch as it bounces along the carpet before I return to my position.