Chapter Twenty-Seven - "We're The Talk Of The World!"

Phil's POV

"Let's do something fun today and come back and check the comments tonight?" I suggest, reaching to close over the laptop. Dan nods and gets up from the bed.

"Well do you have any suggestions?" Dan asks, scratching his stomach. "hmm.... we could go to Palm Beach?" I say waiting for his response.

"Yeah, alright then. Sounds like a plan!" Dan agrees. "I'm just going to have a quick shower, I'll be back in 20 ish" He adds, trudging off towards the bathroom. "Okay then" I smile.

I grab my phone out and search up the fastest way to get from our hotel to the beach and to my amazement, its in 30 minutes walking distance from where we are.

Dan walks back out a few minutes later, still towel drying his hair. "Can you plug in the straightener for me?" he asks, geturing towards his toiletry bag. I nod and grab it from his bag and plug it into the wall by the dresser. "Thank you" he says, throwing the towel on the bed.

"Palm beach is literally a couple of blocks away from here by the way" I tell Dan. "Well that's lucky then!" he replies sounding half annoyed and half sarcastic. "What's wrong Dan?" I am not hesitant to ask.

"Oh, nothing, just a lot to get my head around I guess. I mean, I am only 26 Phil, I didn't want to settle down just yet but I- I mean it's good- with you, I love you- I don't want to lose you ever again, it's just- ahh, I'm no good with words in situations like this but you understand, don't you?" Dan confesses to me. I nod.

"I understand that it is a lot to take in but I didn't know this was going to happen, I didn't know I made her pregnant, I DIDN'T WANT THIS EITHER DAN" I yell getting frustrated with myself. "Phil- that's not what I meant-" I stop listening to Dan. I grab my backpack and leave the hotel as fast as I can. When I make my way out to the busy street, I head in the direction of Palm Beach. Dan will find me.

"Dan's POV"

I finish straightening the last few strands of my fringe before unplugging the straightener. I understand exactly how Phil would be feeling right now, he didn't prepare to be a father, he didn't know he was even having a kid. Then it all just gets dumped on him three months before it's due to be born, just as he was starting to adjust to his new way of life, finally getting it back on track. All of this caused by a backstabbing no good girlfriend, I knew that she wasn't good for him from day one but he never listened to me, now it's too late to change any of that. I'm annoyed that he didn't listen to me but I'm kinda happy to get to raise a kid with Phil, I mean one that was at least part of us- not adopted- that was something I was not expecting to ever do. It's all just too much to really think about at the moment though. All I can do is take each day as it comes and hope for the best.

I grab a couple of towels and shove them into a duffel bag along with the camera, a spare change of clothes, my phone and my wallet before making my way out of the room. Phil probably went straight to the beach, which way did he say it was again? I get out my phone and type it into Google maps and within a few seconds I am steered in the right direction.

It's not a long walk, and before I knew it I am there. I squint looking out along the crystal clear sand and sparkling water, the sun making patterns through the clouds on the sand. I look around for Phil and spot him almost instantly sitting curled up in a ball on his towel in the sand a little way away from me.

As I walk over I pull my towel out of my bag. "Mind if lay my towel here?" I ask Phil as he looks up to me, smirking slightly. I shake my towel out and flatten it out next to Phil. "Well there is a whole beach-" Phil doesn't get to finish his sentence. I smash my lips against his own and slide in closer to his shirtless body, rubbing my hands up and down his chest and back. Phil releases for a second to pull my shirt over my head before returning his lips to mine. This moment is one of utter perfection. I know it's really cringe but I've always dreamed of kissing someone on a beach. This is way better than that "dream" though.