Chapter Two - "Reuniting With a Familiar Face"

"Dan's POV"

I reach the doors of Starbucks and push the door open and free myself of the cold chill outside. I was greeted by an average sized man with brown hair and glasses, who asked what I would like to order today. I got my usual Chai Tea Latte and decided on getting a Mixed Danish Pastry as I wasn't too hungry any more, and thanked the man when he gave my my order.

I went over and found a bay not too far from the counter, so I could see when Phil arrives, and began eating my pastry. I was starting to feel kinda scared about my encounter with my old friend. Will he be different? Will he just sit there and talk about Milly again? Will he even recognise me?

I finished off my pastry and began sipping at my latte. I got out my phone and began scrolling through twitter, replying to some of the fans on there. Most of them were still asking about Phil and I, and whether I still talked to him, and if we still hung out. There was one question that stood out to me though. A fan asked if I was jealous of what Milly and Phil had. This made me really think, I mean, I can't honestly be jealous of her, can I? I'm just annoyed that she stole my best friend away from me, along with all the fun times we could of had. I'm not jealous. Just annoyed.

I scrolled through twitter a bit longer before, I noticed the cold draft coming through the door and the bell ringing above it as the door pushed against it.

A tall man walked in, with black skinny jeans, a t-shirt with tons of different weird and quirky mirrors all over, black hair, styled into the famous fringe, and blue eyes that if you stared into them long enough, you could get lost forever. Then it clicked. It was Phil.

My body froze, I couldn't even move a muscle. My heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest. I was thinking of just running out of here now, and continue my streak of not talking to him. But I couldn't do that, I really wanted to fix our friendship.

"Two Caramel Mochas, to go please", Phil told the same man that served me not too long ago, that I now learnt was named Logan.

"Yeah, sure sir", Logan replied, and began making his order.

I just wanted to shrivel up right now, and hope he doesn't notice me. Stop thinking that, you need this Dan. It will be good for us.

Logan passed Phil his order as Phil paid, and as he was turning to leave he noticed me. You could tell he was in complete shock, as he dropped his order to the ground beneath him, and it puddled around his shoes and sprayed up his jeans.

"Don't worry about that sir, I'll get that cleaned up right away and get you two new ones", Logan said, calmly.

Phil didn't even acknowledge Logan and ran straight for me. I was so scared I began sobbing, not only because I didn't know what he was going to do to me, but just because I missed him so much.

He picked me up out of my chair and pulled me into the tightest embrace you could imagine. It felt so good to be in his arms. It took me a second to register what he was doing and I hug him back just as hard.

"Dan... I can't believe it's you.." He said through sobs. I can't believe it's you either I thought to myself, as my mouth was too dry to say anything.

"Me too..." I managed to choke out after a while.

After what felt like eternity, Phil pulled away from the embrace and looked me straight in the eyes. His eyes were so beautiful, and I was already lost in them. I felt a tear slip from my eye and roll down my cheek, and another until I realized I was baling my eyes out.

"I just missed you... So much", he said as he pulled me into another tight hug as I began to soak his shoulder with my tears. He gives the best hugs, and he smells really nice, I thought to myself and started laughing between my tears.

"What's... What's so funny?" Phil asked me, still sobbing.

"Oh, nothing.... I just can't believe I have found you again... It's ... Crazy.." I replied, my tears leaving stains on my face. I rested my chin on his shoulder and watched as Logan cleaned up the remaining mess and started preparing Phil's new drinks.

"Your mochas are ready, whenever you are sir" Logan called out to Phil.

Phil pulled away again, telling me to wait while he went and collected the drinks. I sat back down and began sobbing again, I did miss Phil so much, and I can't believe after all this time, he still feels the same way.

I have so many emotions going through my head, I don't know how to feel.

Phil returned shortly after with his new drinks and handed one to me as he sat down.

"What have you been up to the past three years Dan? We haven't talked forever and I really did miss you... So so much" Phil began before taking a small sip of his drink.

To be honest I didn't have an explanation. I didn't even want to talk, I just wanted to sit there and stare at my friend, as I still thought this was a dream. After the question lingered a bit, I thought I'd better say something.

"Oh, well not a lot actually, I mean the usual, making YouTube videos and stuff", I managed to get out. "What about you?"

"Yeah, same,... I guess" Phil replied, with his head resting on his arm.

"I don't know if I was suppose to tell you, but Milly called me this morning, and told me to come talk to you, as you weren't yourself...and I.." I trailed off, as I felt Phil staring hard into my soul.

"SHE WHAT!?" He yelled.

Uh oh.

Author's Note:

So there's not much to say, but I hope I'm doing ok! Thanks for reading? Vote and comment and all that jazz.

abunchofpheels C: