Chapter Thirteen - "Reuniting Or Not?"

"Dan's POV"

I find my seat on the train and isolate myself from everyone else. I don't really feel like talking to anyone on here. I get my headphones out of my bag and plug them into my phone. I put them on and press shuffle and slowly drift off to sleep as I stare at the city I'm leaving behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake to someone tapping me on the shoulder and realise it's an old friend I haven't seen in literally forever.

"Now here's a pretty face" he says to me.

"Oh, Pj, I can't believe it's you" I say as he pulls me in for a hug.

"What brings you on this train pal?" Pj asks as he sits in the seat opposite me. I smile at him and decide to just say what I've been telling everyone.

"Oh you know, it's that time of year again, you know the one where you visit your parents, yeah, it's that time for me" I say to him. He chuckles and nods understandingly.

"That's cool then, well I'm only on here until next stop, I filming another movie, you know me, but I noticed you and I has to come and say hey since we literally haven't spoken in a million light years" he said, slightly over exaggerating. I laughed and agreed.

"You enjoy yourself now okay, and keep in touch" Pj said to me before rising to leave. I nodded and waved goodbye.

"I promise I will do both" I said and he turned and walked up the carriage saying goodbye to me.

I looked at the time on my phone, and it read 3:00pm. Only one more hour until my stop, and I can finally get off this train. The seats are so uncomfortable and people, just too many people. I stand up from my seat to stretch my legs and I walk up three carriages to the canteen because I'm feeling kinda hungry.

I end up returning to my seat with a cinnamon doughnut and a coffee. I devour the doughnut and am left sipping on my coffee for the remaining 45 minutes of the trip.

I finally reach the station and am really sort of excited when I see my Mum and my brother waiting on the platform for me. I emerge from the train and grab my luggage and walk towards my smiling family. Mum practically launches herself at me and covers me in kisses.

"Uh, mum, hey" I say slowly and awkwardly wrapping my arms around her and patting her on the back. I stare at Adrian like 'help me' and he speaks up.

"Hey Mum, I think you can let go of Dan now" Adrian saves me as Mum releases me from her tight grip and apologises.

"I'm sorry Daniel, I'm just so happy to see you, it's been a year almost and you know I'm a Mum and that's what Mothers do" she says and smiles at me.

"How have you been Adrian?" I say as I pull him in for a hug. He hugs back pretty tight might I add.

"Yeah, I've been going," He jokes, "No I'm actually pretty good, I'm moving out from Mum's house pretty soon, I found this small apartment for myself and Cassie to live in, the rents cheap so I'm happy" he tells me. Cassie and Adrian have been dating since they were 16, that's like three years or something now and they're going really strong. I have met her a couple of times though. He tells me about her all the time when we skype each other. They really are perfect and Cassie is a really sweet girl. She has strawberry blonde hair, brown eyes and fair skin, but she is the definition of beauty. Adrian is so lucky to have a girl like Cassie. Even Mum loves her to bits.

"Well we had better get going home, it's still a 30 minute drive from here so c'mon guys" Mum says to us.

"I CALL SHOTGUN" Adrian and I both shout at the same time. Mum rolls her eyes at us and sighs.

"Just like old times" Mum says as Adrian and I run off towards the car. He ended up beating me to it anyway because my luggage is weighing me down, and I had to put it in the back of the car. It didn't really bother me anyway so I just hopped into the back seat and saw in the reflection of the rear-view mirror, my brother sticking his tongue out at me jokingly. I just stuck mine back out at him and crossed my arms in defeat sarcastically. We both laughed as Mum got into the car.

"You boys" she said as she started the car and began driving off to my temporary home.

"Phil's POV"

I pull up to the gutter just outside Dan's apartment and get out of the car. I go through what I'm going to say to him in my head a million times over before I start walking towards the door. I walk up the steps, take a deep breath and knock three times. I wait patiently for an answer.

Nothing. I try knocking again, louder this time. Nothing again. Where is Dan? Is he still asleep? Should I come back later? Maybe he knows it's me and doesn't want to talk. I knock once more, waiting for a reply. No answer. He mustn't be home then. But where would he be? Dan never leaves the house does he? Then I finally realise. Logan was talking to Dan on the phone yesterday. Dan's gone. But where? Why?

I start to get really worried and confused and all worked up and I can't think straight anymore as the questions flood my mind. I have to call Logan and find out where Dan is now, I have to know he is safe. I mean, because I don't want him hurt or anything.

I pull out my phone and dial Logan's number, waiting anxiously for him to pick up.

"Yeah Phil, what can I do you for?" He answers with.

"Hey Logan, I have a question, about that phone call yesterday" I say nervously. I hear a loud sigh on the other side and muffled whispering.

"What about it?" Logan asks, sounding like he's admitting defeat or something.

"Was that Dan, who you were talking to yesterday?" I ask.

"Look Phil, it's not really important so I don't know why you are worrying so much about Dan-"

"Logan, he's not even home of course I'm worried about Dan" I snap back.

"Can you please tell me where he is?" I plead.

"Sorry Phil, I'm kinda busy right now, I don't have the time for this sort of thing, ask someone else, I've gotta go" Logan remarks before hanging up on me.

Why am I not allowed to know anything? Why-even-? Argh. I give up. I honestly give up. I though Dan wanted to be friends so I was going to resolve everything. But oh no next thing you know, Dan has dropped off of the face of the earth and I wasn't told? I'm done. I throw my phone at the concrete and instantly regret it when it smashes completely. Well great. Just great.

No phone. No Dan. No Friends. Life-1 Phil-0. Life really hurts sometimes. I walk back to my car and it begins to rain. Great I have to drive home in the rain too. Thanks. I'll find out where Dan is eventually, it will just take a lot of convincing.

---------------------------

New Character Updates

Rose Saniter - Shailene Woodley (with long hair that's dark brown and green eyes)

Charlie Saniter - how I described him, and your own imagination :)

Cassie Derringer (Adrian's girlfriend) - Isla Fisher

Thanks for all the reads and feedback!! 1000+ reads is ecstatic and I really couldn't do it without all you guys reading and voting and commenting and sending me messages on twitter and tumblr so thank you all!! Please don't forget to vote at it helps out a lot and get the story out there! Go and tell your friends about it too!! Just spread the love around <3